2007 Expy Blower Motor Resistor (Cant Find the Right Part)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going absolutely crazy with my search for a blower motor regulator for my 2007 Expy EL Limited. I have searched and searched but I cannot find the right resistor. The one in my vehicle is the one in the attached picture, however, all of the ones that I can find are a 4 fin resistor and it has a different connection. I called Autozone about the part that was attached and they said that the one they have under that JA1713 PN is actually the 4 fin resistor. I don't know if any body had any ideas that I am not thinking of. I called my local Ford dealer and they looked up my vehicle via my VIN # and they said they can get one but it is ~$120. I am trying to avoid a dealer price but at this moment I am about to loose it. I am worried that the one I get from Ford will be the wrong one. I have even resorted to calling salvage yards in my area to see if they have a wrecked one I can pull the damn thing from. No luck here either no-one has a wrecked one. Please help! The only PN on the actual resistor is 7C3t-19E624-AB, I tried looking this part up on Ford finder and the likes but nothing shows.

Blower Motor Resistor.PNG

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What sy
Hi All,

I am going absolutely crazy with my search for a blower motor regulator for my 2007 Expy EL Limited. I have searched and searched but I cannot find the right resistor. The one in my vehicle is the one in the attached picture, however, all of the ones that I can find are a 4 fin resistor and it has a different connection. I called Autozone about the part that was attached and they said that the one they have under that JA1713 PN is actually the 4 fin resistor. I don't know if any body had any ideas that I am not thinking of. I called my local Ford dealer and they looked up my vehicle via my VIN # and they said they can get one but it is ~$120. I am trying to avoid a dealer price but at this moment I am about to loose it. I am worried that the one I get from Ford will be the wrong one. I have even resorted to calling salvage yards in my area to see if they have a wrecked one I can pull the damn thing from. No luck here either no-one has a wrecked one. Please help! The only PN on the actual resistor is 7C3t-19E624-AB, I tried looking this part up on Ford finder and the likes but nothing shows.

View attachment 34877
What symptoms led to diagnosing the resistor?

OP
OP
Hunter MacDonald
Reaction score
The front blower is stuck on high no matter what speed setting it is at. When I turn the system to of the blower speeds up. Everything else works, the temp control, the blender, etc.

This leads me to believe that the resistor has gone bad and is allowing a constant flow of current that isn't being controlled any more via the resistor.

I unplug the resistor and the fan will stop. However I am trying to fix this ASAP as I have a trip planned on the 19th.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s called a blower control module. Rock Auto has it under HVAC if you put in your truck. I know larger auto zones stock them as well but you have to enter the truck and go to hvac-resistor to find it and order to pick up in store.

OP
OP
Hunter MacDonald
Reaction score
It’s called a blower control module. Rock Auto has it under HVAC if you put in your truck. I know larger auto zones stock them as well but you have to enter the truck and go to hvac-resistor to find it and order to pick up in store.

Same thing just depends on what you call it resistor/module. I have heard both think it depends on if you have auto temp control.

This is what always comes up... as you can tell it is not the same part that I have in my vehicle I have already ordered one and it does not connect.

The one in the picture has 4 fins as apposed to the 3 fin style in my truck, the connection is different as well. At least the first one that I purchased online didn't work. I cannot be the only one with this style of resistor in my vehicle...

Blower Motor Resistor (Wrong).PNG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing just depends on what you call it resistor/module. I have heard both think it depends on if you have auto temp control.

This is what always comes up... as you can tell it is not the same part that I have in my vehicle I have already ordered one and it does not connect.

The one in the picture has 4 fins as apposed to the 3 fin style in my truck, the connection is different as well. At least the first one that I purchased online didn't work. I cannot be the only one with this style of resistor in my vehicle...

View attachment 34885

That’s the one I used in my 2007 Eddie Bauer with the 4 fins worked perfect

OP
OP
Hunter MacDonald
Reaction score
That’s the one I used in my 2007 with the 4 fins worked perfect

Really?? Oh my god... did yours have the 3 fin style to begin with? Everything I was reading on reviews said that it didn't work. Maybe I just got a faulty ****** one from China... guess that's what I get from ordering off of Amazon.

Maybe I should try the one from Rock Auto. I have always bought parts there and they work.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford switched the part to 4 fins around 2010 and all the replacements made are 4 fins for them...they are the same dimensions and connectors.

OP
OP
Hunter MacDonald
Reaction score