2007 Flush and fill? Anyone done it with high miles? PLEASE READ ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere here that there is a thermostat that pops at a certain temperature in these trannies, and that a flush isn’t even really flushing. Could be wrong. Feel free to chime in.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Flushing gets all the fluid out because it’s under pressure pushing all the way to the torque converter. Drop and fill is fine just like your oil changes.

When I change the oil on my Harley I pull the oil filter while it’s running. The oil drains with pressure from the engine. As soon as it starts spitting oil I pour a quart of fresh oil in the tank and let it circulate through pushing all the old oil out. Soon as I see it spitting again I throw another quart in but shut it off right before it spits that new oil. That’s a flush.

Reaction score
Have 260K+ on my EX EL and have only drained and filled one time at 150K only due to the fact I towed about 6Klbs+ about 20 times per year for three years. My heavy towing days are over and numerous ford mechanics insist do not flush high mileage transmissions and so I had drain and fill and added Seafoam Trans treatment with the new fill. Like I said 260K+ and no problems.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have 260K+ on my EX EL and have only drained and filled one time at 150K only due to the fact I towed about 6Klbs+ about 20 times per year for three years. My heavy towing days are over and numerous ford mechanics insist do not flush high mileage transmissions and so I had drain and fill and added Seafoam Trans treatment with the new fill. Like I said 260K+ and no problems.
It worked for you but I would change it every 50k mikes +-

Vernon Burns

Reaction score
I'm on my third Expedition EL. First one I bought was an 07 EL XLT. Had the shudder problem. Owner was told it needed a new trans. Fluid and filter change (every 30k miles according to the factory manual), added shudder guard and had the local dealer upgrade the TCU for free. Problem solved.

Brucek50

Reaction score
I've had my 2011 XLT 4x4 for a few months now and haven't encountered any rumbles but would appreciate someone enlightening me on cause and real repair just in case it shows up. 104,000 miles.