2020 Ford Expedition Order Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jace

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's New in Version 09/01/2019
Released August 30

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17619

LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
● Added: King Ranch® grille description
● Added: Wheel images where “Wheel Image Coming Soon” placeholders had previously been
● Revised: Bumper descriptions on XL and XLT Standard Equipment pages
● Revised: Grille descriptions on XLT, Limited and Platinum Standard Equipment pages to provide clarity
● Revised: The descriptions for the features in the Exterior section of the King Ranch® Standard Equipment page to provide clarity
● Revised: The Center Console and Steering Wheel feature descriptions in the Interior section of the King Ranch® Standard Equipment page to provide clarity
● Revised: The image for the 22" 6-Spoke Painted Machined-Face Aluminum with Dark Tarnish-Painted Pockets
● Deleted: Fascia – Body-Color Painted description from the XL Standard Equipment page, as it is redundant to the Upper Bumper description

Biggest difference I can see is they completely changed the style of wheel found on the Platinum (and packaged Limiteds). Looks like they also took the '18-'19 Platinum wheel and shrunk it to a 20" and are offering it on lower trims as well now.

Here's the new Platinum wheels side by side (left is first order guide, right is revised order guide):

2020 Expedition Platinum Wheels.JPG

Last edited:

Highlightreel

Reaction score
HOLY MOLY they are offering a choice of wheels (2!) on the Platinum? Crazy! What will they think of next?!

*If anyone gets these wheels year 2020 on the left above and wants the non-painted 22's from my Platinum, I'd be interested in a swap.

Stay Classy forum...

OP
OP
Jace

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HOLY MOLY they are offering a choice of wheels (2!) on the Platinum? Crazy! What will they think of next?!

*If anyone gets these wheels year 2020 on the left above and wants the non-painted 22's from my Platinum, I'd be interested in a swap.

Stay Classy forum...

Ha I wish... They just updated the picture of them, so the left is old news now... only the right option is available =)

I was originally holding out for a '20 because they said painted and machined vs the 18-19 polished. Glad I didn't wait because they ended up changing the entire look rather than just changing from polished to painted.

Back to no choices!

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Ok, I re-read your post. My mistake. But, only 1 choice would seem par for the course with them on this model but man, even uglier (I know, eyes of the beholder) choice too! I did a chat with them online on their build it site and their response to only 1 choice of wheel on Platinum is "we've done market research and this is what we've found people want". Not me. No other major car company does this either.

OP
OP
Jace

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I re-read your post. My mistake. But, only 1 choice would seem par for the course with them on this model but man, even uglier (I know, eyes of the beholder) choice too! I did a chat with them online on their build it site and their response to only 1 choice of wheel on Platinum is "we've done market research and this is what we've found people want". Not me. No other major car company does this either.

I'm with you on this one. For kicks and giggles I went to Chevy (yes I took a shower after) and built a '20 Suburban Premier and was able to choose from 12 different wheels (some required certain packages of course).

I still would choose the Expedition (absolutely love our '19) over a Suburban/Yukon regardless... but choices are nice.

On a side note, I saw what appears to be a '21 Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon of some sort in Chicago while I was there on Monday. The front end looks really high and boxy.

MVIMG_20190916_183752.jpg

OrangeWhipX3

Reaction score
That's almost certainly a Tahoe in the spy shot. I'm real curious to see what the General has up his sleeve, but I wasn't real impressed with the interior of the new GM trucks.