2021 Tahoe/Suburban beats Expedition in cargo space

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tahoe will be nearly one for one with the current expy and the sub will be 5-6in linger than the max. The added space woth the 2021 gms is due to depth and width, they were able to carve out a lower floor as well as wider access in the rear.

If you can get your stuff in there, whats the issue?

Also, the 18s are problematic but the 19s and 20s seem to be doing well, except for the shocks.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still GM garbage though. Everyone I know with that line of SUV has nothing but problems. I was grudgingly considering Yukon XL Denali or Escalade ESV early on due to the V8 over the Ecoboost. Then I heard the 3rd row was not usable in the GMs. That meant our only option was Ford. We love our Lincoln so we initially looked towards a Navigator L Reserve but ended up with a Expedition Max Platinum. Now with the GMs supposedly being larger and having a V8 that might have gotten me to look at one...but I dunno if I could have brought myself to buy a GM...

I’m happy with our purchase.

Now ask me the same thing when the Grand Wagoneer is out...

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still GM garbage though. Everyone I know with that line of SUV has nothing but problems. I was grudgingly considering Yukon XL Denali or Escalade ESV early on due to the V8 over the Ecoboost. Then I heard the 3rd row was not usable in the GMs. That meant our only option was Ford. We love our Lincoln so we initially looked towards a Navigator L Reserve but ended up with a Expedition Max Platinum. Now with the GMs supposedly being larger and having a V8 that might have gotten me to look at one...but I dunno if I could have brought myself to buy a GM...

I was a GM owner for 20 years (with a Jeep or 2 thrown in, too) and the new Expedition pulled me over to Ford last year. You know what I found out in that time?
They all have problems.

Leaky struts, a transmission that got jammed in park due to a software issue, a navigation system that locked up as much as it worked, phone pairing crashes, a 4WD system and locking rear that magically engaged at 70+ MPH on the highway and wouldn't ever release (software, again), cooled seats that shorted out, leaky sunroofs, pressure sensations that would make you nauseated, a transmission that downshifted so hard at 75 MPH that it felt like the rear end let go... I'll let everyone guess at which vehicle and manufacturer had each issue.

The point is you can have a great experience or get burned by any manufacturer. The upside is that as long as they are pushing each other to produce better vehicles we as consumers win in the end.

larryjb

Reaction score

I wouldn't call them garbage. Sure, my Tahoe has had its problems, but so has our Explorer. A heater hose cost me over 2 Grand because of poor placement. The rear heat line is too close to the exhaust manifold, almost blew up on me on the Grapevine. $1200 US to have fixed while the family was having fun at Disneyland. Then, a year later the same hose burned through because the shop didn't keep it off the manifold. I tried many times to get them to cough up warrantee, but they never replied. I ended up replacing it myself again, costing me $500 Canadian in parts. The 2008 Explorer is a good size for my wife to drive around in, the Tahoe is a good size for me to haul stuff. All the Expeditions I test drove a couple of years ago were so trashed.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys needing more room than the Max should be looking at full sized vans like the Sprinter or NV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I regularly take me, my wife, our two kids, both dogs (in their crates), all our luggage (and anytime we leave the house for more than 4 hours my wife packs like we’ll never be back home), kids’ bikes and scooters, a full size cooler, 6 camp chairs, etc etc etc and can usually still see out the back window. Maybe y’all didn’t play enough Tetris as kids, ha!

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This. I regularly take me, my wife, our two kids, both dogs (in their crates), all our luggage (and anytime we leave the house for more than 4 hours my wife packs like we’ll never be back home), kids’ bikes and scooters, a full size cooler, 6 camp chairs, etc etc etc and can usually still see out the back window. Maybe y’all didn’t play enough Tetris as kids, ha!

I rocked at Tetris and my packing prowess proves it. ;)

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was a GM owner for 20 years (with a Jeep or 2 thrown in, too) and the new Expedition pulled me over to Ford last year. You know what I found out in that time?
They all have problems.

Leaky struts, a transmission that got jammed in park due to a software issue, a navigation system that locked up as much as it worked, phone pairing crashes, a 4WD system and locking rear that magically engaged at 70+ MPH on the highway and wouldn't ever release (software, again), cooled seats that shorted out, leaky sunroofs, pressure sensations that would make you nauseated, a transmission that downshifted so hard at 75 MPH that it felt like the rear end let go... I'll let everyone guess at which vehicle and manufacturer had each issue.

The point is you can have a great experience or get burned by any manufacturer. The upside is that as long as they are pushing each other to produce better vehicles we as consumers win in the end.

Yes and no. The latest GM stuff creaks and groans even when new; like pulling the door closed. That’s garbage.

I had great experiences with Jeep Grand Cherokees. Honestly my Grand Cherokee Summit had ZERO, literally ZERO issues. I bought it new and my parents own it now. First year of the new design (2011), has every gadget available that year (adaptive cruise, Sirius back seat TV, air suspension, etc, etc), and haven’t had one single issue. It had 90K miles on it when I grudgingly moved on to the Expedition. The Grand Cherokee Summit still has a nicer interior than our Platinum. But we needed something larger.

Anyway, I would rather have had a Jeep again (assuming the Grand Wagoneer lived up to my expectations), then Ford, then...if no other options existed...a GM. Maybe these new full size SUVs won’t be creaky junk...but I’ve been disappointed by everything GM I’ve ever had or driven.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65