2021 Tahoe/Suburban beats Expedition in cargo space

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30172986/chevy-suburban-tahoe-vs-ford-expedition-cargo-space/

Been saying it since the launch. Ford should've made the MAX version longer by another 4 inches. That would've bought them the extra 5 cubic feet needed to match the new Tahoe/Suburban.

We have the MAX, and with all four kids, the babysitter, and their baggage stowed in the back, the space in the trunk is oftentimes packed to the roof. I hate to be admitting this but the Yukon Denali XL is looking very good. I'm curious to see one in person when they hit showrooms this summer.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does but wait till you see it you’ll know why. If you need giant its the undisputed beast. The Expedition was plenty big for my needs

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, since they finally did the Independent rear, it finally is capable of the space to match the Expy and the flat load floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the cargo floor area? Volume often means very little, based on what you are carrying: for example, 8'x4' plywood.

Chio4

Reaction score
I traded our '17 F350, crew cab, long bed...for the 40" shorter MAX....if I need more cargo space i'll get a hitch basket or a trailer!

DONT buy 1st year crap!

Agree 100% fist year run of A GM suv scares me

Sowie1701

Reaction score
I believe I read that the Tahoe will be longer than the MAX and Suburban longer yet. Not many garages that will fit that length but good to know it’s offered if you need the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larryjb

Reaction score
I believe I read that the Tahoe will be longer than the MAX and Suburban longer yet. Not many garages that will fit that length but good to know it’s offered if you need the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be VERY surprised if they ever made the Tahoe longer than the MAX. I'm sure lots of people buy the Tahoe so that it can fit into a garage. The only thing I wish is that the Tahoe were just a few inches longer. Not as long as the Suburban, but long enough to get a 4x8 sheet in the back. Either that, or bring back the tail gate. Also, the new Tahoe's seem to have a raised bed if you look at the pictures with the lift gate open. If you look at the older Tahoe's the floor is flush at the bottom. The rear bed is now raised so that the 3rd row seats can fold down just like Ford's. I don't think the independent suspension changed anything much.