2021 Tahoe/Suburban being announced today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The problem with the new dies is they are WAYYYYY too complicated now to meet all the EPA junk. They aren't worth the trouble anymore. The maintenance issues will be endless with them considering all the junk that's on them to clean them up. The 3/4 tons turned into nightmares in 2007 when the EPA crap was added to them. I'm soooooo glad I bought my 2006 when I did, I'll keep it until it dies..... :)

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, to each his own but you're telling me that you mix your gas 50/50 with E85 for an expedition?? Is this your daily driver? Do you drive it to work? Do you go get groceries in it? Do you take the kids to soccer practice?
I can with certain say that an absolutely huge percentage of expedition owners do not mix fuel
And very few I even worried much about performance. There are a few that take them to get it tuned or whatever for a towing or to add horsepower because it makes them feel better but I can assure you that the vast majority of SUV owners rarely even see the floor mat with the gas pedal.
I feel they are right to be this way. Who's going to want to outmuscle somebody on the road in an SUV. I had all kinds of SUVs and a big Durango was my last with 38-inch tires on there. I wasn't kicking it down trying to race someone. I was driving because it looked awesome.
I guess I just feel that each vehicle has a certain Duty or you should pick the right vehicle for what you're going to do with it. I don't think SUVs should be race cars anyways despite the fact that that jeep Tomahawk thing is wickedly fast.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well here is my response
I use an E51 mix because it is well over 100 octane & here in Arizona it costs $2.599
91 octane fossil fuel is $3.699-$4.099
87 OCTANE "CRAP" low octane is $3.199 to $3.399
I only lose about 10% in gas mileage
SO cost per mile is lower with E51
When calibrated for that fuel, throttle response & engine power are dramatically improved
The 10 spd trans is also recalibrated to work with the increased torque output from the engine
I am 75 years old so I do not go drag racing but I enjoy the greatly improved performance
I have owned a total of 6 ecoboost vehicles & really enjoy them because I can recalibrate them for vastly improved performance
The next vehicles I purchase are probably going to be with the 3.0L diesels since they can be recalibrated for 600-700 lb ft of torque
The new common rail diesels will get about 30% better fuel mileage when pulling loads compared to the large N/A V8 engines as well
I see no reason to drive any vehicle with lackluster performance when recalibration really makes it come alive
BTW with the E50 calibration I can blow the doors off the JEEP tomahawk with my F150 or the EXPY
I am certain engine life will be as good as the large N/A V8 engines as well
So to each his own I guess:33:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Redstripe19

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well here is my response
I use an E51 mix because it is well over 100 octane & here in Arizona it costs $2.599
91 octane fossil fuel is $3.699-$4.099
87 OCTANE "CRAP" low octane is $3.199 to $3.399
I only lose about 10% in gas mileage
SO cost per mile is lower with E51
When calibrated for that fuel, throttle response & engine power are dramatically improved
The 10 spd trans is also recalibrated to work with the increased torque output from the engine
I am 75 years old so I do not go drag racing but I enjoy the greatly improved performance
I have owned a total of 6 ecoboost vehicles & really enjoy them because I can recalibrate them for vastly improved performance
The next vehicles I purchase are probably going to be with the 3.0L diesels since they can be recalibrated for 600-700 lb ft of torque
The new common rail diesels will get about 30% better fuel mileage when pulling loads compared to the large N/A V8 engines as well
I see no reason to drive any vehicle with lackluster performance when recalibration really makes it come alive
BTW with the E50 calibration I can blow the doors off the JEEP tomahawk with my F150 or the EXPY
I am certain engine life will be as good as the large N/A V8 engines as well
So to each his own I guess:33:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Do you mean Jeep Trackhawk?

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, those C-shaped LED headlights with LED low-beam and high beam lenses are practically identical to the Expy. Curious to see how they spruced up the interior. Current gen Suburban/Yukon XL suffer from practically non-existent visibility from the 3rd row, thanks to their poorly placed C-pillar. In contrast, my kids love the Expy in the 3rd row.