2022 Expedition Order Guide attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the large 15.5” center screen without getting the 22” tires? We live in N TX and the concrete block neighborhood roads are brutal, every 20’ the road elevation changes by an inch or two. That is not including the three or four patches to every concrete block.

Anyone with the 22” tires care to comment on your ride quality? I have a 2019 XLT on 20” tires and the ride is tolerable but not great.

rvmode

Reaction score
Timberline with 501A is one way to get the 15.5 Touchscreen without 22's. I have a hunch the experts here will chime in for you with other ways to get that accomplished if possible.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Thanks, I did look at that but they only have one option package that is $9,220, WOW! I do like the looks of the timberline but I can’t decide whether I like the interior color or not.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far above is correct, only way to get 15in screen without 22in is to get timberline. Best thing to do is get a truck equipped with ccd, then sell the 22s and buy 20s to throw on. This will also give you a better ride. All in all, ccd equipped trucks will get you a great ride, outside of the sway, which hopefully the refresh ironed out. The timberline model will most likely have a worse ride than you'd want. The explorer timberline was tested by motortrend and they said it's coarser and louder than expected. Also, I would be against getting the 22s without ccd, the base suspension was stiff enough as is.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
So far above is correct, only way to get 15in screen without 22in is to get timberline. Best thing to do is get a truck equipped with ccd, then sell the 22s and buy 20s to throw on. This will also give you a better ride. All in all, ccd equipped trucks will get you a great ride, outside of the sway, which hopefully the refresh ironed out. The timberline model will most likely have a worse ride than you'd want. The explorer timberline was tested by motortrend and they said it's coarser and louder than expected. Also, I would be against getting the 22s without ccd, the base suspension was stiff enough as is.

Thank you so much for the input. I really want the CCD, so I will take your advice and just sell the 22". I wonder if the dealer would just swap them out with my 2019 Exp 20" wheels?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's been an update to the expy order guide. So now, massage seats have limited availability. What does that mean for a feature that's only part of one trim, idk. Sounds like to many dealers and customers are ordering the platty expy, so they are now an option to get the seats with the massage feature. It's unfortunate because it's one of the things that draws fs suv customers to ford, and the trim bandwidth crosses over way too much (kr and sport performance pkg are already at plat prices, and outside of bluecruise, only offered the massage seats to separate the trim)

Last edited:

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's been an update to the expy order guide. So now, massage seats have limited availability. What does that mean for a feature that's only part of one trim, idk. Sounds like to many dealers and customers are ordering the platty expy, so they are now an option to get the seats with the massage feature. It's unfortunate because it's one of the things that draws fs suv customers to ford, and the trim bandwidth crosses over way too much (kr and sport performance pkg are already at plat prices, and outside of bluecruise, only offered the massage seats to separate the trim)
Can anyone post a link or attach the updated order guide please?

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
So, if we already have an order for a Platinum, does that mean we will not be getting the massaging seats. I was wondering why we haven’t seen any guys with Platinum’s on order go into production yet.