2022 Expedition Order Guide attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, if we already have an order for a Platinum, does that mean we will not be getting the massaging seats. I was wondering why we haven’t seen any guys with Platinum’s on order go into production yet.
I can't promise that it won't change, but I'm still seeing "Multi-contour Seats" on my build sheet in Vehicle Visibility (an employee-accessible system; sorry). I mean, if it's deleted, then I'm paying ten grand for a different grill and BlueCruise? Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to accept such a vehicle.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure this affects many on the forum as most seem to have ordered Limited trim or above but the latest order guide added the following note for the tow package on XLT:

"When equipped with Special Edition Package (50T) Connected Navigation (90 Day Trial) is included"

So for those of you like me who are paying extra for the Special Edition Package which includes built in Nav (not connected only) among other upgrades, you are losing it when you add the tow package. This might not be an issue for some but I don't like the idea of paying for something and not getting it.

I would understand it if the tow package isn't physically compatible for some reason but looking at Timberline and Limited which also have the smaller screen for the base with similar options they don't have this issue. Maybe it is related to 360 degree cameras added?

I noticed this when the build site first came up but figured it was an error since I saw other errors as well. Apparently it was correct. FIgured I'd make others aware if they aren't reading the fine print.

ddakoske

Reaction score
According to the order guide, I do not work for Ford rather just stating what I see on other forums. It is not that multi-contour seats are not available at all. Rather there is now an option to have them removed by choice. Since they are limited availability for a better chance of scheduling you should add the option to have them removed. I have zero info how this effects current orders already placed. But if you are placing a new Platinum retail order and would like it ASAP then my understanding is you should order without Multi-contour seats.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Attached

Attachments

• 2022 Expedition Order Guide (3).pdf
    914.7 KB · Views: 31

dhuston99

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the order guide to download on my phone. Can anyone tell me if you can get black interior on the Limited without going to the stealth package? Wife doesn't like the mahogany and with three boys the sandstone will be a mess in a day! I know I can get the black interior with the platinum but I don't see the benefit of 10k for blue cruise, massage seats, and 10 more speakers. Unless, overall the is a difference in seat comfort with the platinum. Any thoughts?

ddakoske

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the order guide to download on my phone. Can anyone tell me if you can get black interior on the Limited without going to the stealth package? Wife doesn't like the mahogany and with three boys the sandstone will be a mess in a day! I know I can get the black interior with the platinum but I don't see the benefit of 10k for blue cruise, massage seats, and 10 more speakers. Unless, overall the is a difference in seat comfort with the platinum. Any thoughts?
You can not. Limited only comes in sandstone and mahogany unless you upgrade to one of the two stealth packages and get the black with red stitch.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like the order guide was just updated again. Here are the changes listed:

JOB 1 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
● Added: 2nd Row Climate Control/2nd Row Heated Seats Removal (57C) – Required Option on XL (100A/101A/104A), XLT, Timberline, Limited, King Ranch and Platinum series.
● Added: Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (98G) – Required Option on Timberline (501A), Limited (302A/303A/304A), King Ranch and Platinum series.
● Added: Auto Start-Stop Removal (52L) – Required Option on XL, XLT, Timberline, Limited (301A/302A/303A) and King Ranch series.
● Added: Standard Luxury Leather-Trimmed Front Seats – (with Multi-Contour Seat Removal) (88R) – Option Recommended for Scheduling on Platinum series only.

LATE AVAILABILITY – Subject to Change
● Transmission Underbody Shield

Attachments

• 2022 Expedition Order Guide (2).pdf
    803.9 KB · Views: 17

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
YGTSM!!!, now you have no 2nd row climate control & no heated seats?

No park assist

No massaging seats

Well, they can keep my order, I guess I'll have to settle for a Sequoia after all.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YGTSM!!!, now you have no 2nd row climate control & no heated seats?

No park assist

No massaging seats

Well, they can keep my order, I guess I'll have to settle for a Sequoia after all.
Doesn't make me happy either. The real question is whether or not Ford will retro fit some of the things that they removed. A couple of comments on Blue Oval Forums say only Lincolns and Mach-E's will be retrofitted, which is different than what was reported on the Ford Authority web site a couple of days ago. I'm also told that the removal of Park Assist 2.0 also eliminates Emergency Rear Braking and Cross Traffic alert.

Last edited: