2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
My 2022 was originally 2/14, then 2/21, now I got an email last night saying 3/7. I ordered mine on 11/5/21. 2022 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Edition Package 4X4. NO Rear Entertainment System. Dealer told me not to put it in the day I ordered, or it would be delayed for many months. The people that are getting the 3/7 build week now, did you order yours around the same time I ordered mine? Just curious.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of you folks have dates and are delayed. Some of us RES order folks are just sitting tight....no VIN, no possible dates....till summer? Maybe I should just consider ordering a 2023:cool:

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Dealer told me not to worry about the RES, he will give me contact info for people that can install the same system for half the price. So, my plan is to do that as soon as I get my 2022. May be worth removing the RES, and doing it afterwards if it is going to be delayed that long.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer told me not to worry about the RES, he will give me contact info for people that can install the same system for half the price. So, my plan is to do that as soon as I get my 2022. May be worth removing the RES, and doing it afterwards if it is going to be delayed that long.
Did they inform you whether it is the same system as last year's or different. The new one is supposed to have Amazo n fire TV and be integrated better with the ca
s sound system. If it is not the case, I would skip it altogether myself as reviews on the outgoing system are not flattering

jferg425

Reaction score
I placed my order on 11/24 for a 22 platinum without RES (only bc it wasn’t available) and it’s been moved back 3 times. Now, it’s March 28. We are taking a vacation in June and were too afraid it wasn’t going to be built and arrive by then so we ended up buying a 21 platinum without RES. Glad we did since our 22 order keeps getting pushed back. So, we will hold out for a 23 now and just not pick up our order for the 22.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Did they inform you whether it is the same system as last year's or different. The new one is supposed to have Amazo n fire TV and be integrated better with the ca
s sound system. If it is not the case, I would skip it altogether myself as reviews on the outgoing system are not flattering
It is a new system with the Amazon Fire TV installed in it. That's at least what they told me, and my research has shown online.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I placed my order on 11/24 for a 22 platinum without RES (only bc it wasn’t available) and it’s been moved back 3 times. Now, it’s March 28. We are taking a vacation in June and were too afraid it wasn’t going to be built and arrive by then so we ended up buying a 21 platinum without RES. Glad we did since our 22 order keeps getting pushed back. So, we will hold out for a 23 now and just not pick up our order for the 22.
I have a trip in mid-June as well to the Mountains. I have another one I leave for the second week in March. I obviously won't have my new one for the March Trip. I am just hoping to have it now for the June Trip.

uaee

Reaction score
Lucky you guys, at least you are getting updates on your orders
Over here in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, we can't choose out of the options in ford website and the prices is way higher, Paltinum around 90K USD, I reserve 22 XLT and expected to arrive by June or July hopefully no delays
Our dealer he doesn't have the specifications yet but they said it will have the heat/vent leather seats and panoramic roof plus 20" wheels, but still no VIN at all

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine's push back to the week of 3/21, from a specific date of 3/5. Originally had a week of 2/14.

I sold my '04, so I'm a bit nervous having only one car right now, especially given that I need charging stations instead of gas stations if I need to hit the road.

OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also received the e-mail today pushing production another weeks, now is planned to 04/04/22

It is a Platinum Infinite Blue sandstone rear bench and Town package, ordered 10/15/2021.

I have a trip in Memorial Day, I hope I can get it.