2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The thought has definitely crossed my mind but we would like to keep one 4wd vehicle in our household (f150 has 4wd and the f250 is just rwd). The f250 also has some things I need to get done on it before I take it on long road trips. I visit my family pretty regularly and they are about 5 hours away from us down in south Texas. Would just hate to push the old f250 that far (less worried about the engine more concerned with the auto trans, rear end, or other components). Plus, the wife doesn’t like driving the ol’ 7.3 so just trying to keep her happy too lol

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regarding the start/stop delete on the SPP package, I was thinking that it might not even be a standard item. Therefore it can't be deleted.

Hawkspring

Reaction score
Got a build date of March 9th for my Timberline.
I was beginning to think no one was ordering this trim. Based on F-150 and Raptor pricing it seems like a deal. Wide track, HO motor, full skids, and real wheels and tires. We are jumping from a wrangler unlimited which is just too small for the family now.

Tgreen48

Reaction score
Called my dealer for update. My limited 10/19 order is still not scheduled. He has no idea when it will be scheduled due to the restriction on it (Not sure how I was allowed to place order with a restriction in first place). Ford doesn't even tell him the restriction cause. He thinks it's the entertainment system, but that's just a best guess.

The lack of communication from Ford's end is a huge bummer. I tried to be one of the earliest orders so I could get vehicle before kid #3 comes in late March. And I don't even have the slightest clue when or if the vehicle will schedule.

To add extra salt, I sold our Telluride in expectation of the Expedition. Figured I could sell into the red hot used market, and use A plan to not eat the new market markups. I guess I didn't plan for our order to be one of the few held indefinitely. Shame on me.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tgreen, you are not alone in your wait, hang in there. Also ordered pretty much immediately orders were open (within a couple of days). No VIN, no production date. Limited with rear entertainment system

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the sales manager at my dealer and they said that our expedition is scheduled for production with an estimated dealer delivery date between the middle to end of March. Didn’t get an actual production date out of him but good to know we’ll have a car by April hopefully.

Mxer0022

Reaction score
Called my dealer for update. My limited 10/19 order is still not scheduled. He has no idea when it will be scheduled due to the restriction on it (Not sure how I was allowed to place order with a restriction in first place). Ford doesn't even tell him the restriction cause. He thinks it's the entertainment system, but that's just a best guess.

The lack of communication from Ford's end is a huge bummer. I tried to be one of the earliest orders so I could get vehicle before kid #3 comes in late March. And I don't even have the slightest clue when or if the vehicle will schedule.

To add extra salt, I sold our Telluride in expectation of the Expedition. Figured I could sell into the red hot used market, and use A plan to not eat the new market markups. I guess I didn't plan for our order to be one of the few held indefinitely. Shame on me.
Man I feel ya. I have first hand knowledge of ford's lack of communication. I ordered my superduty last February, all cause the wife said I had to have the front bench so she can sit next to which she never does, and I didnt get it until the end of July. Mine was one of the trucks that sat in purgatory for three months, completely built except for one module. Ford never gave any updates the entire time. I watched others who ordered months after me, with the same trim level and options, get theirs before I got mine. They were getting the new abs modules that were coming in and not those of us who had been waiting for months. They didn't get to ours until the last of the production 21s were built and they were transitioning to the 22s. I swore I was done with ordering vehicles from Ford. But alas my wife needs a new car and she "has to have" a black stealth model expedition. So we get to experience another order through ford. I told her the only way I was going through this again was if we got the SPP. So that's what I got out of the deal. Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker