2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Almost the exact same situation as you...

Ordered a KR Max on 10/29 with a build date of 2/14. Went into production (via the tracker on 2/8) and then nothing until 3/14. Went back into production on 3/14 and dealer/Ford marketing said it had a chip hold but had a delivery date of 4/1 - 4/7. That date has now passed and there isn't anyone that can provide an update. I took delivery of my Bronco last year and have a wave 1 Lightning order, so I'm not new to Ford, but this experience is beyond frustrating.

If you found any way to escalate or get some answers, I'd love to hear what you've found out.
That's crazy. I am assuming you tried calling Marketing and asking them if there is an updated delivery ETA? Although, I don't think the info they have is the most up to date. I called them this morning after receiving the delay email from Ford. They are telling me their system still shows an ETA of 4/29. Which is not feasible at all at this point.

momof3girls

Reaction score
68296BED-5764-4D17-940A-AAA3F0FC0192.jpeg
This is my window sticker, it has sense disappeared from the tracking site. My blend date says 3/23/22. And it shows convey so what does that mean?

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 72879
This is my window sticker, it has sense disappeared from the tracking site. My blend date says 3/23/22. And it shows convey so what does that mean?
Convoy means it will ship by truck, buuuuuut, it will probably actually go by rail. Almost all do. I can see your window sticker if I search for it directly. I can’t see my Navigator sticker using the link on the tracking website either. However, I can find it when entering my VIN directly.

Try pasting your VIN at the end of this link:

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Jay Kay

Reaction score
That's crazy. I am assuming you tried calling Marketing and asking them if there is an updated delivery ETA? Although, I don't think the info they have is the most up to date. I called them this morning after receiving the delay email from Ford. They are telling me their system still shows an ETA of 4/29. Which is not feasible at all at this point.
Yes, been talking to them frequently. They don't have anything else they can do other than refer me back to the dealer. Originally they said if that delivery window passes, to call them back and they'd be able to help, but they don't have any options according to the person I spoke with this morning.

Bman25

Reaction score
@momof3girls @Cadet7263 The date you circled is the date it was sent to the plant to be built. CA21 is a regional code for shipping. @xraymd is correct above. Convoy means truck, however like me, mine says convoy but I live in the Phoenix area and it will actually go by rail, but end up being trucked from the railyard to the dealer. So it depends on where your dealer is. Hope that helps.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
@momof3girls @Cadet7263 The date you circled is the date it was sent to the plant to be built. CA21 is a regional code for shipping. @xraymd is correct above. Convoy means truck, however like me, mine says convoy but I live in the Phoenix area and it will actually go by rail, but end up being trucked from the railyard to the dealer. So it depends on where your dealer is. Hope that helps.
It does, Thank you. I am sure I am a ways away though from mine actually being shipped. Got to wait for the "Chips" to come in.

golden1

Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath, that new production dates will be issued next week. Even if I have to wait a couple more months or so, I just want to have a production date.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, just got off the phone with Ford marketing awhile ago and they said I have a (tentative) scheduled production date of 4/28! I called the sales manager at the local Ford house to try and get some validity to the 4/28 build date through their system. Turns out the 5/9 date that the salesman has been telling me this whole time wasn’t the week of production date but rather the projected delivery of the vehicle to the dealership! I’ll believe it when I see it but at least I have an actual build day. Finally a little light at the end of the tunnel!