2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We're feeling fortunate to have taken delivery of our '22 Max Platinum today (No RES, Heavy Duty Towing + ELSD). The process generally followed the communicated schedule, save for a # of production date moves.
All options ordered appear to have been included and functioning.

Timeline:

12/17 - Ordered
12/22 - Confirmation Email
2/3 - Production Schedule Email #1 for week of 3/7
2/7 - Production Schedule Email #2 for week of 3/14
2/17 - Production Schedule Email #3 for week of 3/28
2/25 - Production Schedule Email #4 for week of 4/4
4/9 - Build Confirmation Email with Delivery guided 4/17-4/23 window
4/11 - Shipping Confirmation Email
4/28 - Received at Dealer

The Infinite Blue and '22 grill look better in person. We just rented an Escape with Sync 4 on vacation last week and got a bit used to the functionality. Android Auto & Alexa integration are great, and it drives very well for its size. We're coming from a '20 Honda Pilot, which is on the small side for weeklong ski/bike vacations with family and friends. The bumper hitch cover lasted exactly one removal/reinstallation before a plastic tab snapped.

My biggest near term challenge will be getting time behind the wheel when the primary driver isn't doing so :)
I also ordered a infinite blue like this one, I simply cannot wait.

Congrats it is beautiful!!!

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
@tcpipa that looks really nice. It makes almost regret switching from a platinum infinite blue to a limited performance package stone blue. But I have a build date now so I'm not risking any changes.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question for anyone using/used the order track site that has had their car shipped. Did y’all ever get any shipping info populate or did it happen to just stay blank like this the whole time until it got to the dealer? Just curious

Mine had some lines filled in well before shipping.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question for anyone using/used the order track site that has had their car shipped. Did y’all ever get any shipping info populate or did it happen to just stay blank like this the whole time until it got to the dealer? Just curious

Mxer0022

Reaction score
Well, mine says it has shipped but has no shipping info other than it’s going by rail. Hope to see some info soon.
It's not all going to populate and I'm sure there will be a lot of data that doesn't get updated. Mine has shipped but still shows convoy on the tracker. Pretty sure they're not gonna truck the thing from KTP to Las Vegas.

Bman25

Reaction score
It's not all going to populate and I'm sure there will be a lot of data that doesn't get updated. Mine has shipped but still shows convoy on the tracker. Pretty sure they're not gonna truck the thing from KTP to Las Vegas.
I agree, interestingly mine says Convoy to Phoenix and the dealer tells me they come by rail. I saw one going to Wisconsin that said Rail, which is a lot closer to Kentucky :).

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine says rail and I live in central Texas. I’m just hoping the rail car info populates so I can kinda follow it along the way. I know it’s not going to be super specific. But like someone else said, I could use something else to refresh and check every hour of the day lol

taylor312

Reaction score
I believe most all ship by rail when going out of state. Ours did and we’re in NC. It arrived this week and I was able to see/drive it yesterday. We got a platinum forged green with Carmelo interior, 3.73, EDLS, and HD tow. It’s absolutely gorgeous but I’m on the fence. We’d be paying $1k below MSRP. Dealer says if we don’t take it they plan to mark it up $10k over MSRP. I was more impressed with it before I drove it. I thought I rode rougher than my Ram and the seats weren’t as comfy (nothing is removed, we have the massaging seats and rear climate controls). I thought the platinums had an air ride suspension but didn’t feel that way to me. Maybe that’s an option we didn’t select. If we bought it we may be able to sell it for the same or more within a few months considering it has everything and most now don’t but that’s not a certainty with the current market/economy. I need to decide today but still straddling the fence.