2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still no word on when my expedition (wife’s car) will be available (on Chip hold) so bought a 2022 Mercedes GLS that hit the dealer and wasn’t sold. Will see if the expedition gets finished this year and then decide if I want to pass on it, flip it or keep it and sell the Mercedes.

nagelca

Reaction score
Seems like there isn’t really a pattern but just in case it’s helpful to anyone else I just got an update email saying my production week was moved up from 6/13 to 5/30. I ordered a limited 302a with sync 4a for the Dallas area on 2/14

Rossum20

Reaction score
Just got an update from Ford moving my build date from June 18th to June 6th.

Order date: Jan 28
Notified of Delays: mid March
Initial Build Date of 6/18: April 29

Limited 4x4 w Tow
15 inch screen
Sandstone Interior
8 seater w Sunroof
CCD & eLSD

We’ll see. I feel for those waiting. I placed an order for an F150 platinum powerboost on Aug 24th and still haven’t been scheduled.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Different vehicle, but still relevant; according to my dealer, my F150 states "released" and is supposed to land at the dealership May 28 BUT as of yesterday, still shows it's in Michigan.
I asked dealer for the status of released, from what I researched, either "awaiting shipment" or "awaiting carrier pick up".

I asked dealer if it still being in Michigan could mean it's stuck on a lot for the foreseeable future and he seamed to believe not.

Anyone know if their Expy is sitting on a lot and what the status shows?

I only have 1.5k miles before the warranty on my current F150 expires so I'm trying to keep below that or else my trade in value drops so I'm hoping for good news.

ExpyStealth

Reaction score
I originally placed my order for a ‘21 on 8/27/21. Knowing more about the process now, I’m guessing the ‘21 order book was already closed? Anyway they rolled my order to a ‘22 which was placed on 10/27. Chip hold since 3/17. Just called marketing again and new ETA is 7/28. This is a miserable process.
Not sure why yours never got built with when you ordered because I actually ordered a ‘21 mid September and then after seeing the ‘22 decided to order a ‘22 instead early November. The ‘21 arrived the week of Thanksgiving. My current ‘22 order however was ordered Nov 13th…went into production March 22 and has been sitting in a parking lot since on a chip hold. And now they are telling me an estimated delivery date of August …it’s such a joke at this point and Ford should be ashamed, but unfortunately they don’t care.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I Received for the 9th time a change in my build, now to June 16th, even with the dealer taking out the multicontour.

I decided to change my order to a 23. The order banks starts on June 15th.

I just do not know if I will change the dealer, it seems they do not have priority once I am seeing many Platinums produced and delivered before mine, even considering I order in the first day (Oct 15th)

kjtully

Reaction score
:banghead: Well, got another email late last night saying my build week was moved from May 30th to June 13th. I feel like the cat chasing the laser pointer dot, just cant seem to catch it.

twinturbodude7

Reaction score
Is the latest recall regarding spontaneous fire making anyone else nervous about their retail order? I know the recall is for older models, but this makes me unsure about our first Expedition.