2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTHokieTX

Reaction score
Picked mine up today and it is nice! Limited 4x4, blue tinted clear coat, 302a, bench seat, 15" screen... the only delete was the auto stop-start.

Ordered: Jan 3
Built and put on chip hold: March 15
Off chip hold and finished: June 7
Shipped: July 3
Arrived at dealer and picked up: July 14

Attachments

• tempImagesMQpOh.png
    tempImagesMQpOh.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • tempImageJRfuVt.png
    tempImageJRfuVt.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 37

Xchief30

Reaction score
Got it delivered last night !!! Really nice ride. Looks really sharp. 4x4 LTD 303a CCD, Bench, 15" screen. Got it for MSRP with $2000 off, $1k for First Responder discount, $1k Rebate Ford sent me. Gonna look even sharper when the lights and sirens are in.

Attachments

• 20220715_071849.jpg
    20220715_071849.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220715_071843.jpg
    20220715_071843.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Beachums

Reaction score
Received mine last week. And i did not tell them anything but the Front bumper was not drilled and no license plate holder. I live in Indiana where we do not have a front license plate requirement. Not sure if that matters or not.
Is yours that Black EL I see driving around town???

GGecko311

Reaction score
Got my XLT yesterday, sweet ride! Its got the special edition package & 202A added, Rides great! The active-X seats are actually softer than my mom's Limited.

Made it home and it died in the driveway. Sitting there idling and it starts flashing every error code from coolant over temp, to service traction control, then died. Didn't come back on and wouldn't start and I noticed a "grinding" noise coming from the fuse box by the firewall. Its in the upper left corner by the firewall, I assume that's a fuse panel or electrical box. Sounds like a relay tripping constantly from a bad ground.

We could not get thing into neutral! All of the lights on the dash flashing, but the shifter knob was locked. There's no keyhole in the bottom of the console, I tried the brake/gas pedal method found in another thread, looked in the manual, nothing. The dealership called and said on the 2022's it cannot be done in the cab. You have to crawl under the truck on the left side, and there is a lever with a bolt beside the transmission. You unscrew the bolt, push the lever into neutral and screw the bolt back on. The tow truck driver wouldn't do it and I didn't wanna screw anything up, so It was towed to the dealership an hour ago, had to lift the rear and tie off the steering wheel.

IMG_1380-2.jpg

Last edited:

kjtully

Reaction score
I've now been "In production" for a month. Thought that was usually only a few days? This is just beyond frustrating.

View attachment 74402
The sequence seems to follow:
1) Ford tracking site has the In Production button filled but there is no date about 7 days prior to actually starting the build.
2) Within a day or 2 after that you should be able to pull your window sticker
3) When the build actually starts a date will show under In Production, just like it shows under Order Confirmed.
4) When the build is complete the In Production button is checked and the Built button is filled - usually there is a date that also shows.
5) Then you wait for shipping.

A second way to see if it is being built is to look for modules using the ordertrack.app site. If you see modules it's being built.

So, you might check for modules in ordertrack.app. If no modules yet (given the amount of time passed since it went In Production) who knows what has happened and you should probably contact your dealership or Ford Customer Relations.

Tripoli

Reaction score
The sequence seems to follow:
1) Ford tracking site has the In Production button filled but there is no date about 7 days prior to actually starting the build.
2) Within a day or 2 after that you should be able to pull your window sticker
3) When the build actually starts a date will show under In Production, just like it shows under Order Confirmed.
4) When the build is complete the In Production button is checked and the Built button is filled - usually there is a date that also shows.
5) Then you wait for shipping.

A second way to see if it is being built is to look for modules using the ordertrack.app site. If you see modules it's being built.

So, you might check for modules in ordertrack.app. If no modules yet (given the amount of time passed since it went In Production) who knows what has happened and you should probably contact your dealership or Ford Customer Relations.
Yeah, that all sounds like what I'd mostly been hearing, but as with some many of us, things don't seem to be going quite normally.

Never got a single email from Ford, so apparently my dealer screwed that up or something, but this is what I've been able to get from watching the tracker, OrderTracker, and Marketing:
- 3/5 Ordered Limited Max Stealth Performance 4x4, w/ pretty much everything but rear seat entertainment.
- 3/24 Order Confirmed per the tracker.
- 6/16 Tracker says In Production. OrderTracker site says Invoiced.
- 6/17 First window sticker issued with hands-free liftgate delete.
- 6/20 Scheduled Build Week per Marketing
- 6/26 Scheduled Build Date per Marketing
- 7/7 OrderTracker site changed Invoiced date to 7/7.
- 7/11 Rechecked window sticker and some of the text strings at the very top had change, most obviously from "9-Normal" to "4-Rebill." No apparent changes to options or prices.

My dealer has acted like he has even less information. Not sure if he isn't given me the whole story, isn't really trying, or what, but yesterday the word from him was just, "It is still at the plant". Still no modules listed. Still no Blend Date.