2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think the new car smell goes away that quickly.

No, it doesn’t. I’m just bellyaching. I’ve had several cars come over from Germany and have plenty of new car smell despite waiting for a boat, sailing across the Atlantic, and then shipping from the East Coast to the Midwest.

However, I was hoping shipping from Kentucky would be faster than Munich.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Sucks you pulled the plug but the Acura is significantly smaller but probably a lot more fun to drive.

Yeah, it does kinda suck, but my dealer was being less than helpful and hard to get in touch with. I was surprised the new MDX cargo area was only 9 cuft less than our XLT.
Had an MDX before my Expedtion. Sold it after 10 months, hated it. Not everything, just the ride, the transmission, the rear seats, the front seats and the technology/infotainment system.

Well, I hope it doesn't suck, but so far the Type S has been a blast to drive, something I could never say about our Expedition and the air ride is like butter.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
A little good news for everyone is that the interest rate deals are still out there for financing. The dealer found us financing at Texas Trust CU for 1.99% for 48 months.

The bad news is that the used Expedition prices are dropping fairly rapidly. When I started this buying adventure in Nov 2021, my Expedition was worth $49,500 through VRoom, today it was only $42,500. Luckily the dealer had a little wiggle room but not much.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A little good news for everyone is that the interest rate deals are still out there for financing. The dealer found us financing at Texas Trust CU for 1.99% for 48 months.

The bad news is that the used Expedition prices are dropping fairly rapidly. When I started this buying adventure in Nov 2021, my Expedition was worth $49,500 through VRoom, today it was only $42,500. Luckily the dealer had a little wiggle room but not much.

I don't know your exp value or condition, but i know several people are concerned about their vehicles being worth "less" than when they started the ordering process.
I've used Vroom, at the end, my dealer's buy-out with the tax incentive was about $400 difference, I'll put it this way. I would have been okay with a $400 loss.

A word of caution on used car price estimates in late Q3 and Q4'21, Vroom got into hot water over Q4'21 with pricing of their vehicles. They were over pricing their premium (over 25k) buyouts by about 10%, it caught up to them with their Q1 filings... Their stock went from $6-7/share to $1.75, huge hit as they have "a perfect storm" as their CEO put it. "over paid" "delays on reconditioning" and "aged premium inventory". They didn't fix their pricing algorithm until March.

I've been also checking used car values across a wide range (from german imports to US trucks), they are fairly stable, averages are actually showing less depreciation YOY than normal. As others are ordering their Expy, most used cars will be worth less the longer they keep them (by choice or necessity), but every month they are not paying the new car premium is savings. Either through paying down their loan, or if no loan saving additional funds in cash. Unless you were tech heavy in stock, then people took a bath this week. lol

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
A word of caution on used car price estimates in late Q3 and Q4'21, Vroom got into hot water over Q4'21 with pricing of their vehicles. They were over pricing their premium (over 25k) buyouts by about 10%, it caught up to them with their Q1 filings... Their stock went from $6-7/share to $1.75, huge hit as they have "a perfect storm" as their CEO put it. "over paid" "delays on reconditioning" and "aged premium inventory". They didn't fix their pricing algorithm until March.

I did not know that, and that explains the price change for sure. I knew Carvana had gotten into trouble but I didn't know Vroom had done the same.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know how long it takes for an expedition to be produced? Like starting with frame to rolling off the assembly line (assuming all the parts are available for it)? I’m just curious if someone knows how long it typically takes for the actual process, not the “in production” status that says 11 days and some change currently on the order tracking app.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205