2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expygirl2022

Reaction score
I too abandoned my order but simply for not willing to keep waiting. as soon as mine went into a chip hold after being "in production" I started looking online for any dealer in Virginia since I get a sales tax exemption here. I found a dark matter gray limited max 4x4 in stealth with every option (and more) I had for my stone blue limited 4x4 order. I had to drive 2.5 hours each way to go get it and I did pay a good deal more going from a limited to a limited max with more features, but it's in my driveway and not sitting in Kentucky and when I broke it down to my monthly payment it was going to be vs what it is, only about $110 more.

11 days after I bought the one I found, my order went from in production/chip hold to built/awaiting shipping, but I still don't regret buying the one I did since "my" order will be sitting there until NOV/DEC if lucky. getting deposit back for order was easier than I expected. they barely spoke and all they asked was if I had the card I paid deposit on to process the refund back to. I have a feeling a lot of people are cancelling orders and asking for money back so they are used to it. that and my x plan pricing and incentives I had in writing with dates to match was gonna make that sale only 73K for them and the ford sticker they can now use to sell it is 78K, so they are fine with not selling it to me.
That's kind of how I felt, like they could care less if I bought the car. The car ended up leaving their dealership and transferring to a sister dealership where it was sold so at least that store didn't get the credit. I have to take the cancellation papers for the warranty & maintenance papers back to them to do a cancel submission. You can bet I am going to stand there until I get a confirmation paper in hand then I am done with that dealer. Hope you are enjoying your new one as much as I am enjoying mine.

CGalex

Reaction score
That's kind of how I felt, like they could care less if I bought the car. The car ended up leaving their dealership and transferring to a sister dealership where it was sold so at least that store didn't get the credit. I have to take the cancellation papers for the warranty & maintenance papers back to them to do a cancel submission. You can bet I am going to stand there until I get a confirmation paper in hand then I am done with that dealer. Hope you are enjoying your new one as much as I am enjoying mine.
bummer having to still do more paperwork with them but definitely stay in their face until they can confirm its all done. we love our limited max. when we first looked at one at a car show last year we thought, thats too big so we ordered the regular limited. 1st time we went to store and used the cargo management setup in the Max, so glad we went for it. my only issue is my idea of stealth vs Fords idea. we like the blacked out look but cant figure out why the edge of the blacked out wheels still have a 1/2 strip of shiny aluminum. its like, did they run out of paint when applying the black? that and chrome along bottom of side windows. why would all the plastic be blacked out but then a wrap around piece of shiny chrome? but eventually I will take it in to get that chorme replaced or popped out to be made black and already on the hunt for fully black wheels.

Last edited:

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang @JohnSC , after seeing @Tyra New ride, you sure you dont want black. That bad boy is looking mean.
Your comment just gnawed at me…. And yes, the order has been changed to black. It really looks nice, especially with that chrome belt line strip covered up.

Now I have to figure out how to tell my wife…. But luckily I probably have a few (many?) weeks to figure that out. Hopefully by spring?

And the original dealer has my refund on the way to me. Sales critter has no issue, he kept sending my text requests to his sales mgr guy to send me the confirmation and figured it was sent. He says if they don’t want to respond he does not care - but somehow doesn’t that eat into his income? Oh well, they are sending me a check. No issues from my sales critter or the finance honcho.

expygirl2022

Reaction score
bummer having to still do more paperwork with them but definitely stay in their face until they can confirm its all done. we love our limited max. when we first looked at one at a car show last year we thought, thats too big so we ordered the regular limited. 1st time we went to store and used the cargo management setup in the Max, so glad we went for it. my only issue is my idea of stealth vs Fords idea. we like the blacked out look but cant figure out why the edge of the blacked out wheels still have a 1/2 strip of shiny aluminum. its like, did they run out of paint when applying the black? that and chrome along bottom of side windows. why would all the plastic be blacked out but then a wrap around piece of shiny chrome? but eventually I will take it in to get that chorme replaced or popped out to be made black and already on the hunt for fully black wheels.
I agree, stealth should not have chrome, don't no why they would throw chrome on like that but at least it is something you can address.

ashleef89

Reaction score
Mine is scheduled to be built starting tomorrow, but my window sticker still isn't showing up. I'm assuming that isn't the best sign? Also, does anyone know where to order the rear cargo mat that folds with the seats?

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
he kept sending my text requests to his sales mgr guy to send me the confirmation and figured it was sent. He says if they don’t want to respond he does not care
Good attitude—great way to cultivate a repeat customer.

Who knows if his story is true.....I've always gone directly to the sales manager to order cars. They typically have a stronger and longer-term vested interest in the dealership's sales. They're usually in that position for a reason, and I've found their attitude and customer relations style is usually a good litmus test for the dealership and what your experience there will be like.

Hisurfernmi

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along my ordering experience for reference.

Ordered 1/24/2022 - Limited 4x4 Stealth Appearance, Sync 4A, 2nd Row Bench, Star White
Scheduled for Production Email 6/30/2022 (for build week 8/8/2022)
Scheduled for Production Email 8/9/2022 (for build week 8/15/2022)
Vehicle Built Email 9/18/2022 (verified by dealer it was sent Offsite for Microchip on 8/23/2022)
Arrived at Dealer 9/23/2022 (maybe?)

Almost exactly 8 months from order date. While that was frustrating in itself there is nothing like getting the call that the vehicle has arrived. Getting to the dealership within an hour to pick up and find it has 58 miles on it. At the time I figured it was something to do with Ford having to move it offsite during production for chips. However my wife had seen some other paperwork that indicated that the dealership received the vehicle with 10 miles on it. This was the 2nd time we've ordered an Expedition (originally ordered MY21 9/18/2021 hoping for it to be rolled over to MY22). They knew we were going to buy it, I had contacted my salesman weekly for updates, and they had the gull to drive it 40+ miles before handing it over????

We are super happy with the vehicle. It came in great shape regardless of the joy ride. The wait was long, and hopefully worth it.

blizzz

Reaction score
My car has finally arrived. Buying the car with X Plan. Dealership tried to tell me that if I finance the car I’m required to use Ford Credit since I’m buying with X Plan. I’m 99% sure that’s not true. Can anyone help confirm?

Also, can they also apply price protection with x plan?

Last edited:

Tyra

Reaction score

Ordered 1/24/2022 - Limited 4x4 Stealth Appearance, Sync 4A, 2nd Row Bench, Star White
Vehicle Built Email 9/18/2022 (verified by dealer it was sent Offsite for Microchip on 8/23/2022)

Almost exactly 8 months from order date. While that was frustrating in itself there is nothing like getting the call that the vehicle has arrived. Getting to the dealership within an hour to pick up and find it has 58 miles on it. At the time I figured it was something to do with Ford having to move it offsite during production for chips. However my wife had seen some other paperwork that indicated that the dealership received the vehicle with 10 miles on it. This was the 2nd time we've ordered an Expedition (originally ordered MY21 9/18/2021 hoping for it to be rolled over to MY22). They knew we were going to buy it, I had contacted my salesman weekly for updates, and they had the gull to drive it 40+ miles before handing it over????

We are super happy with the vehicle. It came in great shape regardless of the joy ride. The wait was long, and hopefully worth it.
Just got mine a couple weeks ago and it to arrived with some extra miles on it. It did however leave the dealership for detailing before I got it. I know they didn’t go joy riding with it as it arrived on a Thursday morning then went through it’s inspections then to the detail shop. I had it in my possession by Friday 11am.

CGalex

Reaction score

considering the Kentucky Speedway where they like to park chip hold vehicles is 49 one way from the truck plant where they build XP's and super duty trucks, if factory had drove it there and back before shipping to your dealer it would have over 100 miles on it. so those miles are likely from dealer driving it I think.