2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got pushed back another week. I guess this is the game now to keep pushing back another week forever. Patience is running thin and think I will cancel order and go spend 100k on a smooth riding foreign suv like bmw lexus or mercedes. Wanted the room but dealing with this and reading Ford not helping customers with vibration on new expeditions.

Might 2014 expy might be my last ford since kids are getting older and don't need room. No boat to pull so i can't see why a full size suv

I have both. I have a Mercedes GLS 450 2020 model SUV (with the giant screen) and got my 2022 Expedition MAX a few days back. I have to say the Expedition actually has more comfortable ride than the Mercedes. It is just a function of body mass. The Mercedes is a lighter and smaller vehicle although it is the largest mercedes. The Merc of course has far better interior (and even exterior) fit and finish than the ford. And the infotainment system is also far superior to Ford. The seats are more plush.
Buuut, the ride quality on the ford is much better than the mercedes.

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took delivery a few days back. Limited MAX, 302A, HD Tow

2021-11 - ordered
2022-02 - went into production and then into chip hold
2022-06 - finished building
2022-09 - shipped
2022-10 - took delivery

Initial observations
- I love the car in general. The ride is very smooth.
- The mahogany interior is far better looking in person than the photos suggest. It has a classy look. Although the black interior would have been better. But for black, I would have had to get the 303A package which I didn't want
- While doing the test drive, I saw the rear view mirrors on both sides flapping around quite a bit. I was alarmed and thought I would have to give back the vehicle for time consuming repairs. Fortunately, it was just a quick 5 minute fix back at the dealership
- After reading other people'e post, I tested the hands free liftgate and signs of wear and tear on the tires. Fortunately, the hands free liftgate was working properly. And the tires were also good.
- I did a 700 mile trip over the weekend (San Fran to Los Angeles and back). The fuel economy was 19.3 mpg. This is based on what I calculated based on miles travelled and gallons of gas put in. The onboard computer gave a lower figure actually 17.9. So essentially, the actual mpg was better than what ford stated.
- I was able to get an old finance interest rate that ford had back in Nov 2021 - 1.9% APR for 36 months. I felt it is a great deal; especially as compared to now when commercial banks are easily charging 5% or more. I also got the X-Plan pricing via my membership in EAA. Be careful, generate a PIN only when you are actually at the dealership and about to buy the vehicle. I was not aware that there is an annual limit of 2 X-Plan pins. And I had generated my last pin 4 months back. There is actually a 90 day expiry and hence my pin had actually expired. However, my dealership was able to use that expired pin and actually get me x-plan pricing. They were great.

Other things which I wish I had ordered differently.
- The panoramic sunroof is great. But I should have just bought the regular sunroof. Reason is that the pano sunroof brings down the weight bearing capacity of the roof rack. I think it comes down from 200 lbs to 125 lbs. That can be a problem when putting roof cargo boxes or kayaks or whatever.
- I didn't get the CCD suspension. I think I shoud have. While going over rough roads, I could feel the roughness a bit more than I expected. Also when going on concrete highways, it bounced around a bit more. This is when compared with my other large SUV which has a very adaptive suspension.
- I have the Sync 4 and not the Sync 4A. That is , the smaller screen and not the giant screen. I feel that the Sync 4 is a bit smaller than I thought. Although the small screen serves the purpose, the giant Sync 4A 15 inch screen might also not have been bad. I had not bought the giant screen because I wanted the convenience of physical knobs for the most used controls

Attachments

• tempImage5m5jIr.png
    tempImage5m5jIr.png
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • tempImageC7X4Zr.png
    tempImageC7X4Zr.png
    928 KB · Views: 34
  • tempImagepMq9GS.png
    tempImagepMq9GS.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • tempImageP9cGVb.png
    tempImageP9cGVb.png
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • tempImageyU9SiN.png
    tempImageyU9SiN.png
    943.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
- After reading other people'e post, I tested the hands free liftgate and signs of wear and tear on the tires. Fortunately, the hands free liftgate was working properly. And the tires were also good.
That's nice that your build was early enough to get the hands-free liftgate; it's been a required delete for awhile, and currently for 2023 orders also To me that's an incredibly useful feature (and deleted in my 10/6 build). The dealer at this point doesn't know if it can be retrofitted later—does anyone have any info re. that?

Jbouts2020

Reaction score
Does this mean my vehicle is the one that has been awaiting shipment the longest? It's Been ready to ship since June and gets pushed back every single week. Now the ETA is end of October

Attachments

• 08A74F4D-3495-4675-8342-9AFC465993FD.png
    08A74F4D-3495-4675-8342-9AFC465993FD.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 19

smstroben

Reaction score
Does this mean my vehicle is the one that has been awaiting shipment the longest? It's Been ready to ship since June and gets pushed back every single week. Now the ETA is end of October
My original order has you beat. I received the "Built" email on 4/21 with an original delivery window of 5/9-5/15. Luckily I reordered on 4/13 and received our vehicle on 7/15.
OrderTrack.jpg

smstroben

Reaction score
Did you end up sticking with the same order or did you place another? I'm tempted to order another one
I had to place a new order since I had already received the VIN (wanted to add HD Tow due to Park Assist being deleted on all orders). Also my wife decided she wanted the Sync 4A screens and Adv. Cargo Manager. Thought we were going to end up waiting an additional 4 months since our first order was in December, but so far we have saved 3 months+.

Last edited:

asdavid

Reaction score
Ordered 10/26/21
Built 6/21 and awaiting shipment since.
Has anyone actually talked to anyone that knows what in the world is going on. I’m ready to walk on my almost one year old vehicle

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered 10/26/21
Built 6/21 and awaiting shipment since.
Has anyone actually talked to anyone that knows what in the world is going on. I’m ready to walk on my almost one year old vehicle
On the Ford tracker ( https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking ) does it say

Shipped

Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership.

If not, there could be some kind of parts/chip hold....Ford may be able to give you more information @ 800-392-3673.