2022 Expy announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobvance2005

Reaction score

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Navigator has reduced towing capacity and inflated pricing on black or reserve labels, and expedition max still somewhat limited in payload, tongue weight, and rear suspension. Wagoneer supports 10k lbs towing,, but too short wheelbase.. Like the idea of the new timberline, but if it isn't available with platinum trim- not interested. Is ford trying to push limited to top trim on expedition? Impact of timberline wheels on towing? I'm not seeing enough reason to upgrade yet, at minimum..some kind of hybrid battery still needed. The only compelling vehicle right now for me is the lightning BEV truck.. apparently, there are plans to extend range with add-ons for truck or trailer. Just not sure of lightning payload in higher trims with larger battery.
1700+ lbs is limited payload? My 2020 Limited Max is @ 1710 lbs and I've seen some others in the same spec have 20-30 lbs more. Go and find a competing full size SUV that has those kind of numbers. I'll wait.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
In the video he's reviewing the Platinum trim, but he states the engine is 440hp. Not sure how accurate? We'll have to wait on the order guide to get a definite answer to this.
Agreed. I still question how accurate this is. Even the whole cooled seat thing still seems off to me.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the video he's reviewing the Platinum trim, but he states the engine is 440hp. Not sure how accurate? We'll have to wait on the order guide to get a definite answer to this.
Correct. Platinum, Timberline, and Stealth Performance get the 440/510 HO Motor. In this case it is just a tune, and some very small physical differences. The non-HO motors are actually capable of slightly more power on just a tune, than the HO motors.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
someting tells me this reviewer knows f***-all about the actual details of these vehicles.

i think determining the lack of ventilated seats from a still image on the screen is also just misguided.

not to mention, the video clearly shows the '22 platinum has the same perforated seat surfaces we have on our ventilated Gen4v1's...

even without this tell, I just can't imagine the platinum (or other trims) NOT having ventilated seat standard / optional. that's just not possible IMO. its one thing to reduce the ambient lighting to a single color - but cutting the ventilated seats? no way... they are one of the greatest features a man can have. if you know what i mean.

....but then again they still don't have engine covers, (?!:-/) so nothing would surprise me anymore.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, I really hate this hate this dude. There is ventilated. You press and hold on the button, and it switches to ventilated. Clueless!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, I really hate this hate this dude. There is ventilated. You press and hold on the button, and it switches to ventilated. Clueless!
That's what I was thinking...a lot of manufacturers are moving to one button for seat climate control...you do one thing and its heat, another and it's cooling. Or, that button pops open an inset window for all the seat climate options.

The new F150s and Explorers also have AUTO Climate Controlled Seats. So they adjust with the larger climate system. That would also make sense as to why there is only one button on the home screen.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
someting tells me this reviewer knows f***-all about the actual details of these vehicles.

i think determining the lack of ventilated seats from a still image on the screen is also just misguided.

not to mention, the video clearly shows the '22 platinum has the same perforated seat surfaces we have on our ventilated Gen4v1's...

even without this tell, I just can't imagine the platinum (or other trims) NOT having ventilated seat standard / optional. that's just not possible IMO. its one thing to reduce the ambient lighting to a single color - but cutting the ventilated seats? no way... they are one of the greatest features a man can have. if you know what i mean.

....but then again they still don't have engine covers, (?!:-/) so nothing would surprise me anymore.
Completely agree with you. He called the Max the "Maximum version". Just read the back of the car and you'll get the name right dude! I still have yet to see any documentation (aside from what the guy in the video claimed) that the platinum has the HO motor. has anyone see this printed somehwere?