2022 Expy announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamores24

Reaction score

FernieB5of8

Reaction score
Did you all notice on the spec sheet the middle engine and the HO engine says it will use 93 octane? That could be incorrect as they currently only require 91. If true, that's a problem. Most locations out west only have 91. I don't think I've seen 93 since we moved out to AZ.
If you go back and look at the fine print in the 2018 Expedition brochure Ford has been using 93 octane for engine specifications from the start of the 4th generation Expedition in 2018.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you go back and look at the fine print in the 2018 Expedition brochure Ford has been using 93 octane for engine specifications from the start of the 4th generation Expedition in 2018.
OK, you got me there. Fine print on the brochure does say 93, but the big book in the glove box says 91 or higher. Maybe it doesn't matter then.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out the link @Gumby posted!

Guess no cooled seats after all. Wondering where the extra 10 speakers got installed. The digital cluster is sweet.
Just throwing this out there, the f150 lightning is confirmed to offer cooled seats and the set up for the climate ctrl are exactly the same. The order guide should be out within the next 3-4 weeks.

Attachments

• 22_FRD_F15_BEV_53744_v1.jpeg
    22_FRD_F15_BEV_53744_v1.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 18

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i’ve been biting my tongue but no longer can - i’m sorry but this center screen is absolutely horrendous IMO. not just unnecessary - but more than half of it is below the peripheral safe line.... it’s absolutely less safe for driver distraction, both for the lack of knobs - but also especially for night driving.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, you got me there. Fine print on the brochure does say 93, but the big book in the glove box says 91 or higher. Maybe it doesn't matter then.
We get 94 octane out here from Petro-Canada. It's pretty much everywhere. That being said, we all know that if you run 87 octane in the EB engine it will "detune" down to about 360-365hp or so. So same logic with 440 hp down to about 425 or 430?

In my company's maintenance yard we only have 87 octane (but it's free lol). I usually run that with literally zero issues (obviously). When I travel, I seek out 94 or at least 91. I do notice a slight difference and tbh I may even have noticed the turbo gauge increasing pressure...but I would think that most of the masses (not many from this board mind you) would not really feel any "seat of the pants" difference.

Stein357

Reaction score
I would think that if Ford made the seats just heated, the icon on the screen would reflect that. Since it doesn’t, makes me think that there is dual functionality there. Or, ventilated seats could be a causality of supply chain issues.

Patri8

Reaction score

Platinum, Stealth Performance, and Timberline trims get 440hp.

Blue Cruise an option, standard on Platinum.

Gotta say, it’s not looking bad.
I’m actually a little pissed I just picked up a new Expedition this year. I asked the GM where I’ve been buying my company F250’s for almost 20 years, what’s changing on the 22’s as this is my first expedition. He told me a simple facelift. Grill, exterior lights, etc. then I see this! I would have waited a few months for sure. I hope he does right by me or I will be buying our Super Duty’s elsewhere going forward and that’s 4-6 a year. Now that I’m done ranting. I’m all over the new Timberline.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m actually a little pissed I just picked up a new Expedition this year. I asked the GM where I’ve been buying my company F250’s for almost 20 years, what’s changing on the 22’s as this is my first expedition. He told me a simple facelift. Grill, exterior lights, etc. then I see this! I would have waited a few months for sure. I hope he does right by me or I will be buying our Super Duty’s elsewhere going forward and that’s 4-6 a year. Now that I’m done ranting. I’m all over the new Timberline.
You'd be waiting more than a few months to actually take delivery. Job 1 isn't scheduled until Jan and that's assuming the chip shortage issue doesn't get worse. My bet is first deliveries won't be until spring 22.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'd be waiting more than a few months to actually take delivery. Job 1 isn't scheduled until Jan and that's assuming the chip shortage issue doesn't get worse. My bet is first deliveries won't be until spring 22.
i think even later in ‘22 for the timberline... if we are lucky.