2023 Ordering Timeline Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigwilly

Reaction score
What do you put in for the order number when you do that? Is it shown on the inventory list? I think the mfg date/week shows on the bottom of the window sticker, right?
The order number is on the window sticker. Bottom of the page in the "Item #" box. The four characters after the dash. I believe I read somewhere that the date on the bottom is the date the window sticker was generated until the vehicle is actually built, then it's the built/finished date.

TravisD

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 9/12/22. King Ranch with eLSD, 4wd, and heavy duty tow. Got an email on Oct 11 with a Nov 28 production date. No progress this morning, but just checked again and now show “in production”! Anyone know how long befor the window sticker will show up?

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I found one close to what I ordered, about 150 miles away. It shows up on the dealer’s site as in transit, the tracking information says it was built 11/14 (same day as it went into production!) and the status is shipped. The dealer is advertising it for about $1800 under MSRP. It has a couple of options I did not order and it is the wrong color. I just don’t know how I would get it home without a second driver - I suppose I could rent a U-Haul car trailer and put my other car on it for the trip back home. I just don’t know about buying a year old vehicle right now - it is only 1 week or two older than the one they are going to build for me but the value will always be a lot less (if the used car market ever returns to normal).

texag07

Reaction score
Dealer told me same thing vis-à-vis having to add HD towing. Feel that it is kind of ******** of ford to make you add an $800 option in order to schedule your vehicle. I’m assuming that option changed the gear ratio which I would also assume is going to degrade my fuel economy as well. Pretty ridiculous, I have a truck for towing stuff already.

bigwilly

Reaction score
Thanks. I found one close to what I ordered, about 150 miles away. It shows up on the dealer’s site as in transit, the tracking information says it was built 11/14 (same day as it went into production!) and the status is shipped. The dealer is advertising it for about $1800 under MSRP. It has a couple of options I did not order and it is the wrong color. I just don’t know how I would get it home without a second driver - I suppose I could rent a U-Haul car trailer and put my other car on it for the trip back home. I just don’t know about buying a year old vehicle right now - it is only 1 week or two older than the one they are going to build for me but the value will always be a lot less (if the used car market ever returns to normal).
I hear ya. The identical one I found is about 10 miles from where I ordered and I am having similar back and forth with myself about it being "a year older" from a resale perspective.

If you decide to get the local one you can always get a 1-way rental.

BTW, my window sticker shows up today!

bigwilly

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 9/12/22. King Ranch with eLSD, 4wd, and heavy duty tow. Got an email on Oct 11 with a Nov 28 production date. No progress this morning, but just checked again and now show “in production”! Anyone know how long befor the window sticker will show up?
Mine showed up today, roughly 24 hours from when it changed to in production.

Avee8tor

Reaction score
New email today.

Ordered mine 11/2 and got the confirmation from Ford that day. Today email from Ford saying scheduled for build 1/9/23 along with a VIN number.

Limited with:
Star White Met Paint
SPP 304A
CCD
4x4
eLSD
HD Tow
2nd row 3 seats
Sync 4A

Let's see if this holds! Can't wait to be back in the Expy.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hear ya. The identical one I found is about 10 miles from where I ordered and I am having similar back and forth with myself about it being "a year older" from a resale perspective.

Found my sticker there this morning. It is missing the foot operated tailgate removal - I wonder if I am going to have to fight with that gremlin or if they dropped it in 23?

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I think I am going to wait - since there are so few if any changes, if they could build and ship a car 2 weeks ago I am going to hope that they can still build the same car next week and get the one I ordered to me. Unless this one goes on a $8k or so sale. But that won’t happen until dealer 2023 orders show up, so probably not.

1Dippin

Reaction score
Ford decided to drop a Thanksgiving present. My expedition limited order was scheduled for production January 9th!

303A, Sync 4A, HD tow package
Ordered: Sept 29th
Added HD tow package: Nov 17th
Scheduled for Jan 9th: Nov 24th