22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddff

Reaction score
I just put some 22's on my expy ( looks good) however I have concerns about the wobbly steering wheel. Is the a certain amount of play expected when you change wheel size?

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it's because when you change to a lot lower tire profile, you feel the road a lot more then you normally do, due to the increase of traction. Maybe look into some adjustable shocks?

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by ddff
I just put some 22's on my expy ( looks good) however I have concerns about the wobbly steering wheel. Is the a certain amount of play expected when you change wheel size?

What build did you get? A, B, C or later??

Early 03s have a problem with the steering rack. It is a little unknown problem that dealers won't readily share with you.

If you are going over loose gravel the steering wheel wobbles and jumps. This shows a loose & problematic rack. Putting lower profile tires only compounds the problem. There is a TSB that I'll dig up to share with ya concerning it.

If you take it in make sure you put the stock wheels back on it!

OP
OP
D

ddff

Reaction score
I'm going to have the wheels balanced again by someone highly recommended. Hopefully that will take care it. The wobbling happens at different speeds and different degrees. Is the wobbling common on larger tires? The 22's are only .1" taller than stock, will this cause problems later