3.73 limited slip differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GB19XLT

Reaction score
Was curious if this is even a possibly add on if I do not have it?

I didnt get a max tow package... kinda regretting it now since we are possibly looking into getting a travel trailer.

I know the TBC is an option to add. Just not sure of everything else

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would like have to find an aftermarket one. The 3.73 is an eLSD, so it's not just a gear swap. There are electronic controls associated with it. If it makes you feel any better, you don't need it to tow. My 2017 has the 3.31 gearing and it tows fine. It's only a 10% difference in gearing.

OP
OP
GB19XLT

GB19XLT

Reaction score
You would like have to find an aftermarket one. The 3.73 is an eLSD, so it's not just a gear swap. There are electronic controls associated with it. If it makes you feel any better, you don't need it to tow. My 2017 has the 3.31 gearing and it tows fine. It's only a 10% difference in gearing.

Okay, thanks. Probably just going to upgrade the radiator and throw in the TBC.

Matthew Marlowe

Reaction score
There is always tradeoffs in towing and no tow vehicle is enough unless you go straight to F450 ;)

We have the 2020 Expy Plat 4x4 w/ Tow Pkg and are kicking ourselves for not getting the extended wheelbase MAX. 5 more gallons of fuel and a foot longer wheelbase....which might make a difference with 32ft 6400lb trailer.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GVWR is 7500

without the max tow I’m thinking I’ll have to downsize a bit lol

Same GVWR as mine. I'm laying in it right now. We're 12 hours from home in Northern New Mexico. Towed it out here with no issues.