30" light bar installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sowie1701

Reaction score
Can you share what brand and maybe a part number you got. Also where you got it from. Looks great. Show us a finished picture with it on. Very stealthy look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Are you going to have a dedicated switch inside the cabin to turn it on and off?
Would be cool to have it linked to the high beam circuit since I'm assuming it would blind on-coming traffic. Should be straight forward to power a relay from the battery and tie into the high beam circuit near the headlights to signal the relay to power the light bar. Wouldn't even have to worry about running wiring through the fire wall, under the dash, etc.

Haakon

Reaction score
Looks like a Rough Country 30" Chrome Series Single Row Curved CREE LED Light Bar 72730. Could you confirm? I really like the integrated/hidden look of this.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a Rough Country 30" Chrome Series Single Row Curved CREE LED Light Bar 72730. Could you confirm? I really like the integrated/hidden look of this.

If he thinks the stock LED headlights are wimpy he should have bought a Baja Design. It doesn’t look like one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please tell me this isn’t one of those obnoxious, totally out-of-place, and completely unnecessary ten-million-lumen LED strips that’s aimed at other drivers’ eyes instead of the road.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any good wire paths through the firewall on these? I've been looking at putting a light bar on like this too. It would be nice to have offroad in the mountains and desert. How sturdy is the plastic you are attached to? Is it just going to wobble around, or is it pretty stable?

I like how well that fits in there, 30" looks like a perfect size.

I pulled the wires right thru the factory firewall grommet. Was real easy and I pulled a huge plug end thru it!

I'm taking it on its first night test tonight, so I'll see how sturdy it is in real world conditions.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats correct. I went black series.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The light doesn't bounce at all on the 2 mile trip I took. Its possible it could on a real big slamming bump, but I removed the temp sensor behind the Lightbar, so the Lightbar sits all the way back against the center support and I put the 2 rubber isolators in the center so they bump against the center support for stability. The bumper cover strengths this piece, so its stronger after the cover goes back on.
I'm extremely satisfied with it. Hope you guys get some ideas from this and dig in and try some things too!

The bumper cover was kinda intimidating just by looking at it, but its really easy to remove. I was worried about the sensors, but the wiring on all the endless sensors on the front bumper were all wired into 1big connector, so there's no wiring to worry about.

I'll throw a few pics up a little later. The light itself is approximately 3X as bright as the hi beam headlights. The stock low beams (LED) are decent, but when you throw the factory Hi beams on, they don't help a lot and theres a lot of stuff on the sides of the road (backroads) thats completely dark. When you turn the Lightbar on, those dark areas glow bright and it almost makes you giggle as its insane bright. The Lightbar doesn't shoot super far down range, but the hi beams actually hit down range right on the road, so this thing is about as perfect as it could be in my opinion.

I'm going to get a wiring relay and maybe wire it into the parking lights or something so I can run it with any of the lights, but it won't just stay on if the switch is forgotten on. Not totally sure yet...... I'll see what I find after I get a harness. Its wired directly to battery now and switched, so its good for now.