30" light bar installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a FYI when you remove the front bumper or anything on this Expedition, Ford thought it was necessary to use 2 inch long bolts where 1/2 or 3/4 inch long bolts would have been adequate, so you have to fight all those extra threads up in that bumper area where you can't see anything.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a FYI when you remove the front bumper or anything on this Expedition, Ford thought it was necessary to use 2 inch long bolts where 1/2 or 3/4 inch long bolts would have been adequate, so you have to fight all those extra threads up in that bumper area where you can't see anything.

The bolts on the starter on my jeep are like 2 inches long and engage a 1/4 piece of aluminum. You can only turn a ratchet one click at a time on it, takes forever that way. Air ratchet was the ticket there!

Last week a guy down the road from where I was camping drove by with a 18" light bar on and I realized I really really want to install that 30" light bar on the expedition! There was some serious light being put out!

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bolts on the starter on my jeep are like 2 inches long and engage a 1/4 piece of aluminum. You can only turn a ratchet one click at a time on it, takes forever that way. Air ratchet was the ticket there!

Last week a guy down the road from where I was camping drove by with a 18" light bar on and I realized I really really want to install that 30" light bar on the expedition! There was some serious light being put out!

A guy cut me off yesterday around noon and he kinda pissed me off, so I threw the light bar on in broad daylight (noon lol) and within 3 seconds he flipped me off and held his hand up blocking my light from blinding him in his rearview mirror! lol. Thats gotta be bright to do that in broad daylight! lol.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
A guy cut me off yesterday around noon and he kinda pissed me off, so I threw the light bar on in broad daylight (noon lol) and within 3 seconds he flipped me off and held his hand up blocking my light from blinding him in his rearview mirror! lol. Thats gotta be bright to do that in broad daylight! lol.

Purchase worth every penny at that point...