30" light bar installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heatfan4life

Reaction score

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took the plunge after lurking around for a little while, thank you @Deadman for the motivation! Opted to go with the DRL version, looks great during the day! Question.. Any idea how to get this to power off and on with the ignition using the switch provided? I've already left it on a few times, thanks again!

https://www.roughcountry.com/30-inch-curved-led-light-bar-72730bldrl.html

View attachment 36734

View attachment 36735

I actually posted about that. So I ended up using a 12V switched circuit to power the switch inside, and wired a relay in the engine compartment, which was nice because I didn't have to run any high amperage wires through the firewall. Found a 12V switched source under the dash pretty easily and it worked great.

The Yeti

Reaction score
Just placed my order for the 30" RC Curved, Black Series w/ DRL. I'll try to post pics post-install. Really excited to add this improvement for camping and back-country hunting trips.

Only concern is the size of the 3-way rocker switch. Not sure if I'll use that or add a custom switch. I'm assuming I can tie in the power source with the ignition during install. I don't want to run the risk of forgetting to turn off the DRL.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did. I used a relay and a switch (in details in the post) to provide power to the switch only when ignition is on, which the switch then powers the relay coil to turn the light bar on. Fused both 12+ sources of course.

Bodacious

Reaction score
Really want to do this mod! Love the drl look and the functionality of the lights at night. I’m just chicken due to mucking around near all the front sensors (adaptive cruise, parking, etc) and a more mechanically inclined friend who has owned a few eco boost vehicles warned me about blocking the airflow to turbo motor. Kudos to all those more adventurous than me. Maybe one day I’ll throw caution to the wind and jump in.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really want to do this mod! Love the drl look and the functionality of the lights at night. I’m just chicken due to mucking around near all the front sensors (adaptive cruise, parking, etc) and a more mechanically inclined friend who has owned a few eco boost vehicles warned me about blocking the airflow to turbo motor. Kudos to all those more adventurous than me. Maybe one day I’ll throw caution to the wind and jump in.

The wiring took my longer than mounting the light....