42" Lightbar Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most high end off road light manufacturers recommend 12 gauge wire. Long wire runs, sunset to sunrise operation and a more robust cable. Why not? China lights often have way less. I have not cut the harness off yet, but the fuse wire is 14, it may get smaller. If I remember right the math would be 180w/12v=15a. Not 2a. 14 is fine, but the light is 3 times the cost of an Amazon one and way cheaper compared to a BD or Rigid. The fit to the bumper and grill is what sold me. Hope to use it as a driving light. So it doesn’t need to be a crazy BD light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
180w?! For an LED? That doesn’t seem right, especially for the price. That is 10s of thousands of lumens (18000 lumens as a rough guess). Sounds too good to be true, I must say. (I was being a bit facetious with the 2 amps, but 15a seems a lot: maybe it’s true. I’d but an ammeter on it, myself).

EDIT: I found the one that @RANDAL CHAO added on Amazon. there's a lot of conflicting information. 540W, 72,000lm, 18000lm, 2.5 amps...But then, it's only $80 bucks...

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
180w?! For an LED? That doesn’t seem right, especially for the price. That is 10s of thousands of lumens (18000 lumens as a rough guess). Sounds too good to be true, I must say. (I was being a bit facetious with the 2 amps, but 15a seems a lot: maybe it’s true. I’d but an ammeter on it, myself).

EDIT: I found the one that @RANDAL CHAO added on Amazon. there's a lot of conflicting information. 540W, 72,000lm, 18000lm, 2.5 amps...But then, it's only $80 bucks...

You are right. There is a lot of confusion. A top of the line brand can have the same LED’s in them and get better performance through their reflector, build quality and lens materials. Then they ask more for it plus add a lifetime warranty and parts availability. Cheap chines lights can be very bright minus the above. Baja design claims 6,450 lumens for every 10” of single row light with their best LED at 63 watts and 5.25 amps. So the math is sound. This might be a quality light. Baja design has a laser chip light that is 350% brighter with a marginal gain in draw. But $1600.00 per 10” of bar. These guys give out real information as people are depending on them going 110MPH in the desert darkness. No name brands from Amazon and eBay are out to sell you a light and make a buck. And that’s good for us as most don’t need $20K of lights on or rigs.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just some pics of the light for reference 409ab48fe74ec0ce9d9168f353fcbd21.jpg
38f5d04662baac26182c2e4ee774dd34.jpg
31b784aaac92de8ae23c0c624b7423ee.jpg

My driveway is 200’ and these houses r on 2 acre minimum lots. This thing lights up the house all the way in the back, pic doesn’t do justice.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks BigH
When I get mine installed I plan on doing a drone shot from the top comparing the stock headlights, bar and my A-pillars. I started to mount mine this weekend. I need to get longer bolts and some nylon spacers to put in the bumper gap.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks BigH
When I get mine installed I plan on doing a drone shot from the top comparing the stock headlights, bar and my A-pillars. I started to mount mine this weekend. I need to get longer bolts and some nylon spacers to put in the bumper gap.

Yup, that’s exactly what I ended up doing as well. Longer bolts and stainless steel washers with self locking double lug nuts.

That aerial comparison will be great! And mine is angled down to shine mostly in front of me. I also ordered the pod lights as well, will install when the arrive.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, that’s exactly what I ended up doing as well. Longer bolts and stainless steel washers with self locking double lug nuts.

That aerial comparison will be great! And mine is angled down to shine mostly in front of me. I also ordered the pod lights as well, will install when the arrive.

Where did you get the pod lights from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score