4DTech Auto Start/Stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpsideDownIn

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their CANopner product plugged into their Expy? Any power drain or noticeable side effect? Thanks.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their CANopner product plugged into their Expy? Any power drain or noticeable side effect? Thanks.

Do the Auto Start/Stop Eliminator.

The CanOpener makes the same change that FORSCAN does. It turns off the BCM(Battery Charge Management) system. This is NOT a good thing. It basically means your charging system is running at Full tilt all the time. This is not good for the battery.

The Auto Start/Stop Eliminator is a hardware install that allows the A/S off button to stay in the off position across vehicle restarts. It is a memory for the button basically. Doesn’t mess with any other systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking at the one for the 2020 Expy. Wondering if it's a different version.

https://www.4dtech.com/start-stop-eliminator-20-expedition/

Nice! They came out with a new version. It works like the other Auto Start Stop eliminator, but it looks like the install might be easier.

For everything I do going through the OBDII(Programming, Tuning, Logging), I will still be going with this:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/...on-autostop-eliminator?variant=29396654161984

The harness type. That works with 2020. I don’t want anything that would either occupy the port, or interfere with the Data signal during programming or logging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So to clarify, even via Forescan, disabling the A/S shuts down the battery cutoff, correct? Same with the other product, mentioned right Loki? The only true way to eliminate A/S is to use that switch harness behind the dash?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if they could do a few things on my wish list with a similar device.
1. Remember cruise on/off from last drive (not the set point)
2. Add beeping to when blind spot is flashing.
3.drive mode memory for 4wd and maybe 2wd’s
4. Rear ESLD lock mode for 2wd’s.
I think all these things are communicated over the CAN network. Would they be available at the obd port?

Maybe it could have dip switches for the options and a pushbutton for the ESLD.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So to clarify, even via Forescan, disabling the A/S shuts down the battery cutoff, correct? Same with the other product, mentioned right Loki? The only true way to eliminate A/S is to use that switch harness behind the dash?

The older CanOpener device used the method commonly used via FORSCAN which turns off BCM. That is not the one the OP linked. I made an assumption.

The one listed above by the OP listed for 20+ just remembers the setting, and does it in the correct way in my opinion.

If you choose the one I linked, only the behind the switch version works for the 20+. I think that is a cleaner install in my opinion. It is out of site, even to a Ford Tech unless they take dash apart, and has no risk of interfering with other OBDII uses(Tuning, FORSCAN, code reading).

FYI, as we have learned from doing FORSCAN, DO NOT assume that something electronic, or programming wise that worked with the 18/19 will work for 20+. As I have learned from getting tunes for this thing, Ford changed a bunch of programming and modules around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro