5.4L 3V and 3.5 Twin Turbo Counterfeit Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SP-509 is what I need for my 2012, correct?

Just looked on RockAuto and the picture online still is using the old style packaging. Would surely think RockAuto would be genuine parts.

Might be safest to go pay exorbitant dealer prices on this.....hmmm....

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are running an EcoBoost, Run SP542’s. You can buy them in Sets of Six as a Ford Performance part. ZFGRacing also has them in stock. These are the one range cooler plugs, and I recommend them even for stock EB’s. My idle is smoother. Generally runs better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But little was said about the cheaper and older # 515 ones, what about those?

Don’t purchase SP-515 spark plugs, For 2007-2008 5.4 3V engines SP-546 superseded SP-515 in 2017 which corrects cracking porcelain and misfire concerns on the SP-515. The new SP-546 also features a bigger snout and extra crimps.

Sjwelds, yes 2009-2014 5.4 engines use SP-509 and that is the current iteration and correct plug for your 2012.

Plati

Reaction score
This comment is sort of a cross between 2 of JE's recent posts.

China is and has been counterfeiting American products and stealing our Intellectual Property for waaaay tooo looong. Time for it to stop or at least hold them accountable. I remember when my friends would go to China on business and bring home knockoff Callaway golf clubs or anything at 1/4 the price. Not as good either but looked real.

China is a main provider of Fentanyl opioid too. State sponsored.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinas-role-in-the-us-fentanyl-epidemic-152338423.html

China also has Teams of cyber criminals (state sponsored) who have infamously stolen vast amounts of data and done other dirty deeds. Time to hold them accountable.

China (where there is no line between private business and the Communist government) companies should not be allowed to set the standards for 5G and provide equipment either. Just as Chinese designed and manufactured cameras should not become (already too late) standard equipment across the USA including military bases etc.

China should not be allowed to buy large US semiconductor companies and become a monopoly in any particular field by this manner.

We have to surpass them in the fields of AI and quantum computing also or its game over.

RANT OVER

Last edited:

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully these counterfeit products don't eventually infiltrate Ford's parts networks....

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This comment is sort of a cross between 2 of JE's recent posts.

China is and has been counterfeiting American products and stealing our Intellectual Property for waaaay tooo looong. Time for it to stop or at least hold them accountable. I remember when my friends would go to China on business and bring home knockoff Callaway golf clubs or anything at 1/4 the price. Not as good either but looked real.

China is a main provider of Fentanyl opioid too. State sponsored.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinas-role-in-the-us-fentanyl-epidemic-152338423.html

China also has Teams of cyber criminals (state sponsored) who have infamously stolen vast amounts of data and done other dirty deeds. Time to hold them accountable.

China (where there is no line between private business and the Communist government) companies should not be allowed to set the standards for 5G and provide equipment either. Just as Chinese designed and manufactured cameras should not become (already too late) standard equipment across the USA including military bases etc.

China should not be allowed to buy large US semiconductor companies and become a monopoly in any particular field by this manner.

We have to surpass them in the fields of AI and quantum computing also or its game over.

RANT OVER
The blonde guy is trying to do something about all that.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are running an EcoBoost, Run SP542’s. You can buy them in Sets of Six as a Ford Performance part. ZFGRacing also has them in stock. These are the one range cooler plugs, and I recommend them even for stock EB’s. My idle is smoother. Generally runs better.

This plug# for all year ecoboost?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This plug# for all year ecoboost?

15-17 Expedition, or F150 with the 1st Gen 3.5EB. Not sure on the 18+ Expy’s as they have the 2nd Gen 3.5. Not up on the best plug for them...

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
15-17 Expedition, or F150 with the 1st Gen 3.5EB. Not sure on the 18+ Expy’s as they have the 2nd Gen 3.5. Not up on the best plug for them...

Thanks, and is it the same as the sp-578?