Acorn Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimW

Reaction score
Just replaced mine with Dorman. I can't believe that there has not been a recall on this or lawsuit even. I'm just imagining someone's wheel falling off and getting hurt in an accident because the lugs were not able to be properly tighten to the correct torque. BTW I think the OEM lug nuts are 21.5mm. My new lugs are 21mm so I bought a 4 way to fit the new lugs.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced mine with these https://www.westcoastacc.com/
Call them and they will tell you the correct size for your year Expi.

I bought a set at Discount Tires and they swapped the nuts when I was there for a tire rotation. $55 for set of 24, no charge for labor.

If you continue using the OEM nuts eventually the points will get so boogered up you will not get them off and wish you changed them.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the gorillas and they started rusting in the salt real quickly.

KenK

Reaction score
I use a battery impact wrench to remove mine for rotation mine every 5K with oil change. Always retighten with a torque wrench to 140 ft lbs (if I remember correctly) Factory capped lug nuts did not last more than one or two R&R.
Just swap them with Gorilla or any solid lug nut of the correct size and shape. Have not had any problems since. Have also done this on other Chevys and Fords that had the same issue.

GOWolfpack

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Ironically, I had to borrow my brother's Chevy lug wrench to get the darn flat tire off.

I bought these 1.5years ago, and I'm super happy with them so far. Some others on this post bought these as well.
McGard M14x1.5 bulge cone (pn 64023)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01