Adding skid plates to 2018 Limited with tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't able to locate the invoice, so I ended up taking the access panel off of the skid plate and took a couple of photos for you. My recollection was that it cost maybe $40 including the fasteners. See attached:

IMG_1069.jpg IMG_1071.jpg IMG_1072.jpg

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question:
what is part 16054, the red "thingy" in the plan?

PHIL NOWASKI

Reaction score
Thank you Scott for all the info on the Raptor transmission skid plate. I ordered off your parts list and the install was easy.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you Scott for all the info on the Raptor transmission skid plate. I ordered off your parts list and the install was easy.

Glad it all worked out! Seems like they should offer the Raptor skid plate on the FX-4 package even if the cost for the package increased by a couple hundred dollars.

PHIL NOWASKI

Reaction score
What's nice about the Raptor skid plate, it's metal not card board & you don't have to remove it when changing the oil

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just put the whole list into levittownfordparts and its $617 plus 101 shipping. @scottdm how did you manage ~$500?

Also, regarding transmission plate: standard (FX4) vs Raptor. Can somebody shed some light, please? Is the one really aluminum with felt and the other one steel? Whats the approx weight difference?

THanks much

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360