All-Weather Floor Mat Options

Should a 3-row passenger vehicle come standard with 3 rows of floor mats?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
9 pages and I need cliff notes...

Ok, so for the XLT MAX FX4, the ford supplied floor mats are junk... I think there was one pic on all the posts. Does Ford include a 3rd row floor mat?

Weathertech: For the MAX w/ 2nd row bench, you can get all three rows for $259.85 and a cargo liner w/ bumper protect for $169.95.

Husky: For the MAX w/ 2nd row bench seat, they do offer a liner. But for the 3rd row, they do not. At least I don't see one on the website. And the cargo liner scratches up the plastic siding in the back. But it can be used w the 3rd row up and down.

What else am I missing?

Crewmaster1

Reaction score
Check out Lloyd's. It's a softer rubber, I have the behind the 3rd row cargo mat and its a good fit.

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/79A4424A0A0.aspx

Thanks for the suggestion. They only do behind the 3rd seat though, so it doesn't matter because it will never need to fold. I was going to find a full mat with 3rd row seat down that you can just fold up and leave in place when you impromptu need to use the 3rd row. Husky looked like it did that, but when i bought it it was a tight fit/too big and a hard non pliable mat that scratches up the plastic molding and doesn't fold well when you try to fold up the seats.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. They only do behind the 3rd seat though, so it doesn't matter because it will never need to fold. I was going to find a full mat with 3rd row seat down that you can just fold up and leave in place when you impromptu need to use the 3rd row. Husky looked like it did that, but when i bought it it was a tight fit/too big and a hard non pliable mat that scratches up the plastic molding and doesn't fold well when you try to fold up the seats.

Might shoot them a message. One of their descriptions says:
Standard Cargo Area Mat
Note: Fits On Top Of 3rd Seat Folded Flat

so I assume that one is bigger than the one that just sits behind the 3rd row. It's odd though because they are both the same price and pic.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots of pictures of the Ford rubber mats, but I'd like to see the weathertech liners. Does anyone have them installed? I'd like to see how well they cover.

@Yukon Joe

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW I e-mailed Husky Liners customer service today asking about the X-Act Contour mats. For those who don't know about these they are a soft but strong rubber floor mat that fit perfectly and have good coverage like the Weathertechs. But I like the texture and feel of the X-Act Contours way better than the hard plastic of the Weathertech.

Anyway the lady said they will be making these to fit the '18+ Expeditions and are "currently working on getting them ready to release." I hope that means soon, or by year's end.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bumping this up for another request of pictures of the Weathertech floor liners.

I actually don't think ther Ford rubber mats are all that bad. Good coverage, and a lip to keep the mess on the mat. So, not sure I need to spend the money to replace them.

I need something for the third row. I'm either going with Weathertech (bench 2nd, and max), or buying the ford third row pictured above.
Ther Ford mat is $80, the weathertech is $70.

Thanks!

@Yukon Joe