Another issue on my '22 SPP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any facts to back this up? This tech has been around well over a decade. All the shiny tech and modems and processors put far more strain on the electrical systems. Facts on my statement are backed up by the police vehicles that do not have auto start stop but require specialized alternators, batteries, and wiring to handle the bells and whistles.

it’s either the BMS or the alternator, either way it has to be tested. You can just go to any auto zone and they can test it free. Or Napa.
If system is working just keep going. If not then maybe make it back and disable the air con radio, etc. to get home.
Its common sense that the more a vehicle starts and stop and starts at every red light the more wear is going on the battery and starter. We shouldnt need 1000 pages of analytic data to suggest this.

sdinwiddie85

Reaction score
They sell dongles on the aftermarket to disable the start/stop at stopsigns and red lights.
As of yet they still don’t have one for 22+. I’m ready to get one as soon as the become available, if they ever do.

bstard2001

Reaction score
Fortunately my 5.0 F150 had factory stop/start deleted.

I'll have it picked up tomorrow, turns out the issue is not battery or alternator. According to dealer service, the issue is the front grille shutter actuator. It popped the charging system alert as it's tied into the same circuit.
Had a similar issue on my 20 Explorer ST, the active grill shutter harness connectors corroded causing the Charging System Service Now Error. The dealer replaced the harness and no more error messages.