Anti-theft light blinks, truck won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under your hood near the front their is a black rectangular box with a lid that pops off, that’s the fuse box or “power distribution panel” Check fuses #36, relay #59, #60, #50, #72, and #76. Page 290 in your owners manual has their locations and what they look like , if you pop them out visually inspect them at a minimum. If you have a multimeter check for continuity. These fuses all pertain to the PCM. It coukd be chasing a ghost because your ignition column might not be reading keys if it’s shot.

BCC6F619-B282-4842-9CE6-8BB41C0D405B.jpeg

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I’m new to this forum. I have a 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. When I tried to start it leaving the key on RUN and removing my hand it would try to start but wouldn’t crank. Now it doesn’t do anything and my anti theft light blinks repeatedly. I’ve taken it to 3 shops. Ford wants $435 for an inspection saying they need 2-3 hours to tell me what’s wrong with it ($145 an hour) Christmas just left and I have 4 boys! I can’t afford that just for an inspection without it being FIXED! I’ve been told it’s my fuel pump, ECM, PCM, and transponder. Someone also told me the truck isn’t recognizing my keys. I’m working over now to take it to Ford soon but if I could save a couple hundred dollars I’d be happy . Thanks for reading my thread!
Welcome to the forum. I seem to remember reading there is a round ring antenna that encircles key slot and sometimes one of the antenna wires breaks which prevents the signal from reaching the security module and disconnecting the anti-theft.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another fuse box is in the passanger side footwell to the right behind a panel, page 287 in the manual shows that one, check #27 in there. If all your fuses check out I’m going to guess your ignition transponder isn’t reading the transponder chip and needs replacement.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See Fuse testing 101 in the electrical section. Just because the fuse isn't blown doesn't mean it is getting power.

It would also help the forum members if you would tell us your automotive & electrical repair experience - novice - beginner - intermediate, all the way up to wizard. That way we can tailor the responses so that they are easy to understand.

Last edited: