Anyone know about blend door actuator calibrations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I actually have changed my driver's side lower blend door actuator on my 2015 Expedition EL. It took me all day to remove everything needed to get to that booger. But I never gave up and totally did it! I removed everything. I removed the front seats, the carpet the rear air tunnel.The dash/instrument panel while leaving the steering wheel attached but loosened the pinch bolt on the steering shaft. Once the instrument panel was removed I loosened the air box keeping the heater core and the AC evaporator all still in tack. I was able to remove the lower air duct so I could easily remove the screws holding the actuator motor in place.
For now I have things back in place temporarily. I want to try this new blend door actuator before I put it all back together for good.
I tried starting the truck (it has push button start) but it did not start nor did the heater fan come on.
I'm not sure if it needs to go thru some re-calibration before everything will fall into place.
I'm wondering if the blend door actuator calibration that says to remove the fuse #46 for 1 minute re-calibrates all the blend door actuators?
BTW after removing the old blend door actuator motor I jumpered it with a 12VDC source and the motor turned. BUMMER!! I was hoping it did not work. Now I am wondering if there is something else wrong. Like should I have tried to calibrate before swapping the old one? I didn't know about it till tonight and am just wondering if any of you have ever done the calibration.