bought a 99 5.4 was told needs new motor but doesn't even try to crank over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
theft light is blinking, the lock lever chatters in the door when you hit the buttons , and the door code doesn't work. The keys I have are definitely not original and it didnt come with keyfobs.

what did I get myself into lol.

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
anyway , a project or a resell, buy low sell high they say.
is there an easy around my woes or am I stuck making friends with a ford dealership?

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
the rust I can handle, the electronic ghosts I need a priest for, I haven't begun wrenching because I was told engine seized but I'm not even hearing any starter clicking or fuel pump whirrings. where Do I start Stamp? Where does I START!?

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any further info about the seized part? from a first person account with details? some folks call an engine that doesn't turn over seized etc

u could try turning the engine via the crank bolt, if its free, you could jumper the starter or prob the solenoid

been awhile but i think when i tried a normal spare key, the engine fires up but then quits right away

u can dload a free owners manual from ford to check the fuses

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not many options on a fast blinking theft light - get the correct keys, take to dealer for reprogramming and new keys, tuner that also disables the PATS.

You didn't state how fast the theft light was blinking - normal is a slow blink @1x per second

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
it's not blinking solid red theft light, hear a climate vaccum change(as close as I can tell sounds like switching vents on the old slider style slectors, dash ramps up(as far as I can tell all lights work), radio comes on, no crank, no clicks, no fuel pump noise.charging batt just in case but not holding my breath.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are plenty of "no start" threads on here and how to troubleshoot them. Best is to use the search function and enjoy yourself reading.