bought a 99 5.4 was told needs new motor but doesn't even try to crank over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
here's one for you stamp you omnipresent wealth of knowledge. The trailer brake controller where would I expect to find that wired in? behind the dash?

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
ok well I can see a strange bubbling in the windshield, is resealing it the only option or has anyone figured out a fix?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mike, I sealed mine without removing it. Here's what finally worked for me. I bought a large tube of 3m window sealer, I sealed extensively around upper and lower window. On top of that I sealed the a pillar drivers side. After that 2 coats of brush on flex seal coating to the drivers side bottom about to midway on window bottom. Then to finally deal with problem, I removed plugs from Gem module, and fuse box, squirted in dielectric grease on both plugs. As a final precaution, I wrapped both the fuse box, and Gem with plastic bags. I've been through some pretty intense storms, and all seems well. I didn't want to pay someone to screw up my 18 year old window, so I screwed it up myself! My way worked.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
saw a guy on youtube used roofing sealer. I just don't know if I really want to dig into this just to have it rot apart. I mean the thought "who do I know with a rotisserie, a sand blaster and several gallons of POR?" has already crossed my mind but...I'm not a rich man...nor do I have many friends, so glad to be rich in character.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too have few friends these days. Wouldn't want to throw a party, and gather buddies. At my age their dead, moved away, or just don't want to be around me anymore. Oh well, moving on. Try my way and don't get too technical. Seal it spray it, and hope the electrical gremlins are gone till Halloween!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
well I'm kind of here, after crawling underneath I have decided that the frame has maybe 2 good years left, followed by the fact that nearly every chassis part looks like fried chicken and all my fittings and plumbing looks like they aren't far behind. I'm leaning towards parting out atm...basically I'm going to change the cheap fluids sand down the starter connections, and maybe track down the wiring issue then start pulling the interior out and disconnecting engine parts. Anyone need anything they wanna pay me enough for to immediately convince me to start parting it out?

OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
ok after pulling the fender flair and wheel well out of the pass side I noticed the body isnt too rusty , in fact above the plastic well looked pristine however everything under the body is def a coin toss. there was a ground strap I need to de-rust, probably my number one suspect for the voltage loss through the negative wire. probably need to find the fuel pump cables tomorrow...I'm assuming that big f*****g strap that sits on the frame in fact sits on the frame ... f**k I miss my 1988 delta 88, where do the decades go? also am I correct in assuming the starter is there under the exhaust ... f**k my life, even my 98 P.I was easier to work on than this. Is this the universe telling me to invest in better footwear?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
ok so are there any good "plumbing" kits? coolant,oil,brakes?
or like a "replace the entirety of your chassis" kits? I cant get large kits but sometimes its like you gotta buy two kits and both come repeat parts, also detroit axle, how are the moog parts with these things?
any good junkyards a man should be calling to find great frames?/interchangeable frames?

Last edited: