Center console organizer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will get you a depth measurement. I put it together first outside in the garage and it seemed deeper than I would like but once inside it didn't seem as bad.

I personally think the plastic is much nicer than cardboard would be and I think you could make it work assuming your console isn't bigger than the expeditions. You could do wood but I think that would be more work and I would want to paint it and not leave it raw. I guess you could stain it to match the interior trim and that could be cool.
The interior of mine seems to taper in the deeper it goes. I think making a template from card stock first then trimming the plastic one to match is the way to go. I think I’ll just order it and fiddle with it until it works or I destroy it... we shall see. The navi console is slightly smaller so I should have enough material to work with.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk if cardboard would be rigid enough for me, I keep a couple loaded mags in mine. I was thinking about some type of thin wood from a craft store or something.

Reinforce with popsicle sticks if you think that would work for you. See the pop cycle sticks can work by being the 2x4s and the cardboard like the Sheetrock in building type code. I hear you on the mags. I got the Expy Limited NRA R/T model that has storage for a 9mm in the front and a M249 in the back. At least that’s what the salesman said....

OP
OP
D

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the expedition, the taper is reverse. It gets wider as it gets deeper. You can't assemble the organizer out of the console, no way to get it in. You have to put it together inside to make it fit. A cardboard template would be good, then you can get it cut close and then slowly trim until you get it where it needs to be. If you destroy it you are only out 20 bucks. I've screwed up much more costly things in the past.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reinforce with popsicle sticks if you think that would work for you. See the pop cycle sticks can work by being the 2x4s and the cardboard like the Sheetrock in building type code. I hear you on the mags. I got the Expy Limited NRA R/T model that has storage for a 9mm in the front and a M249 in the back. At least that’s what the salesman said....
The M249 is one heck of a truck gun, clearly the 4th gen isn’t just for soccer moms hahaha. In all honesty I’ve seen some really sweet cut foam installs in some other vehicles for things that go bang in the back storage area where the jack is... makes me wish the 4th gen had a little more storagenunder the storage shelf thingy. I have a portable air compressor and a few emergency tools but that’s all that would fit.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the expedition, the taper is reverse. It gets wider as it gets deeper. You can't assemble the organizer out of the console, no way to get it in. You have to put it together inside to make it fit. A cardboard template would be good, then you can get it cut close and then slowly trim until you get it where it needs to be. If you destroy it you are only out 20 bucks. I've screwed up much more costly things in the past.
That’s good to know on the taper... before I cut anything I’m going to do a template, I’d rather not blow $20 on a fruitless endeavor. Watch, I’ll spend 2 hours on this Frankenstein monster and they’ll release one for my model two weeks later.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I received the organizer for the Expedition and my two initial thoughts are:
1. It’s really well built, I could not replicate this with cardboard.
2. Holy moly y’all have a flipping insanely large console! Like massively big!! It’s an easy 4 inches longer and maybe 2 wider. One of y’all mentioned your child getting in it and I now realize that probably wasn’t hyperbole.

I’m going to spend some more time with this tomorrow to see if I can come up with a working solution. I’m also going to respond to the company rep I emailed with before and see if they could be persuaded to make one for the Navigator.

I’ll update later.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I received the organizer for the Expedition and my two initial thoughts are:
1. It’s really well built, I could not replicate this with cardboard.
2. Holy moly y’all have a flipping insanely large console! Like massively big!! It’s an easy 4 inches longer and maybe 2 wider. One of y’all mentioned your child getting in it and I now realize that probably wasn’t hyperbole.

I’m going to spend some more time with this tomorrow to see if I can come up with a working solution. I’m also going to respond to the company rep I emailed with before and see if they could be persuaded to make one for the Navigator.

I’ll update later.

That’s where we keep all the extra cash we saved by not buying a Navi.......ZING!

Good luck, it really is nice to have that cavern organized and I hope you can get something to work for you.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s where we keep all the extra cash we saved by not buying a Navi.......ZING!

Good luck, it really is nice to have that cavern organized and I hope you can get something to work for you.
Nice one hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire