Dealer says rack/pinion leaking at both ends....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here the pic here sent. I'll tell him to hold off and I'll have a look at it.

14eb67271298db5942ae184382f7cd1e.jpg
Note your oil filter and catch tray is just above your "leak" 1) it looks old 2) someone may have been sloppy when changing the filter. Spray down with brake clean and keep an eye on it.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Note your oil filter and catch tray is just above your "leak" 1) it looks old 2) someone may have been sloppy when changing the filter. Spray down with brake clean and keep an eye on it.
They usually leak under the boots. David1 may be correct

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
They usually leak under the boots. David1 may be correct

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has been leaking for ages, but the part alone - even from RockAuto - was $600+.. I added some stop leak and now only have to add a smidge of fluid every 6 months. I had a similar issue with my Mountaineer and the stop leak completely sealed the leak for 15 years.

Someone just liked my post above today, so while I was here I figured I would update: 2.5 years later and 207k and I haven't had to add a drop since I last posted.