Dealer Surveys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our local Ford dealer also has several other brand name shops, some that I bought cars from over the years. The main thing that bugs me about them all is their request that I complete on-line surveys after the sale or following any service. Oh, and every single graded criteria must be scored a "10" Anything less than that is the same as unsatisfactory. So far, I have been telling them that I'll not complete surveys with a guaranteed outcome, and I don't do them. I have never had a completed transaction where every single part of the deal was totally satisfactory -- the best I've ever seen.

How common are these types of surveys in other parts of the country??

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our local Ford dealer also has several other brand name shops, some that I bought cars from over the years. The main thing that bugs me about them all is their request that I complete on-line surveys after the sale or following any service. Oh, and every single graded criteria must be scored a "10" Anything less than that is the same as unsatisfactory. So far, I have been telling them that I'll not complete surveys with a guaranteed outcome, and I don't do them. I have never had a completed transaction where every single part of the deal was totally satisfactory -- the best I've ever seen.

How common are these types of surveys in other parts of the country??

I recently had a miserable service experience at my selling Ford dealer (warranty and customer pay work). I received an email survey from Ford and told the truth, rating most areas very poorly. I received two additional follow up surveys from Ford asking how my dealer handled my issues listed in the initial survey (they never contacted me).

I have ALWAYS rated the various categories according to my experience, such as vehicle purchase and service (customer pay or warranty). I have NEVER allowed an employee to intimidate me into completing a survey in their presence.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an older Ford so I don't have the Ford survey's but I've done others, and I answer them honestly. If they suck, and they usually do, let them know. If they honestly want to fix their problems, they will. Most retailers brag about customer service, try to pretend their on the Mercedes Benz level and keep going on the same way. It's a shame in this day and age, that Dealers can't provide better mechanical work. They hire people that graduated from the Ford trained colleges And with constant continuous training, why oh why is their such issues? Profit is always Paramount in any successful business, but content word of mouth repeat business, is what makes a good business a great one.Someday maybe they'll get it, and we'll all give them 5 stars just like Uber!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I purchased two 2018 Fords within a months time... Seems like I am getting these survey's all the time. You are also correct that I am pressured into giving perfect scores by different employees at my local dealership.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I factory ordered a 2011 Mustang. The dealer told me 8 weeks tops. It was almost 12. The salesman claimed he was going on vacation and I must pick it up , hours after it arrived. The car was wiped down, not washed. It was covered front to back, both sides, in swirl marks and light scratches. He 'delivered it' to me in the service bay(it was raining). I did not notice until the next day, out in the sun. This jack wagon should of been fired. I gave him the worst possible survey review with comments. The front fender had to be wet sanded(by body shop and entire car hand polished by me). I never heard anything from Ford or dealer. I would not put to much stock in those surveys.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We get surveyed to death now. Unfortunately people are measured on the result. Sometimes too harshly.

If I fill one out which is rare for service, they won't get a 10 if they don't wash the vehicle after. I've had several car dealers and one harley davidson shop that did it after any service. They get a 10. Everyone else starts at a 9 because their service is a step down from the best I've experienced. Man they don't like that.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not bother with surveys from anyone other than Edmunds or similar. Surveys with a specific outcome "aimed for" are deleted because, well...I'm just not that damned dumb to fill out "designed" surveys, whether they came from political parties(home of the designed "surveys") or anywhere else.

There is no one to force you to fill them out....so why would you? There is absolutely zero benefit to anyone when the results are predetermined.

jeff