Dealers not posting price on a '13 King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at Expeditions online to possibly upgrade from my '08 King Ranch, so I found a '13 KR at the Liberty Chevrolet in Villa Rica GA. Their ad says call for price.

I want a email price.

Not gonna happen. Got 5 emails from them saying come to our lot and we will talk. They are 250 miles away.

I guess I will look elsewhere. What your thoughts on these dealers?

http://www.libertychevroletusa.com/

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are about 4 miles from me. I have done some business with them in the past while working for Carol County School system. Never had an issue with them. It is only a phone call they are asking for.

Plati

Reaction score
We have the opposite here in East Rochester NY Ford dealer. Kitty Van Bortel Ford tells you the price up front and thats it. If you want to buy it, fine - otherwise dont buy it. No haggle.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Here they'll quote you a price. Go in to pick it up and they add $2800 in fees if you finance with them at 8.5%. Pay cash and add a $2500 "cash acceptance fee". They suck. Deal privately or with a rental company like Hertz who deals straight.

Read Liberty's Internet reviews then don't waste your time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I don't get is why is a loaded expedition not have a posted price and other cars and trucks on their site does.

There is only a few people interested in such a truck as compared to most buying xlt models.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The price is probably high enough to scare away the typical buyer, so it requires a "hard sell". You know -- "Sit behind the wheel, doesn't that feel great? This is the car for you... You deserve the best... You look great in this car..."

The options don't add much to the book price, but with the right hype, they feel they can get a good buck for this one and they're waiting for a guy just like you to come along.

I bought a car like that from a dealer - a 2010 V-8 Explorer Limited, with everything. And I paid a lot for it, but I wanted the last V-8 Explorer and this one was a honey.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The price is probably high enough to scare away the typical buyer, so it requires a "hard sell". You know -- "Sit behind the wheel, doesn't that feel great? This is the car for you... You deserve the best... You look great in this car..."

The options don't add much to the book price, but with the right hype, they feel they can get a good buck for this one and they're waiting for a guy just like you to come along.

I bought a car like that from a dealer - a 2010 V-8 Explorer Limited, with everything. And I paid a lot for it, but I wanted the last V-8 Explorer and this one was a honey.

It’s a shame there is no more V8 Explorer, let alone Expedition. The EcoBoost just doesn’t hold up like the Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L, 5.0L) long term, more maintenance and issues. Not to mention it lacks the lively exhaust note and linear power.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Here they'll quote you a price. Go in to pick it up and they add $2800 in fees if you finance with them at 8.5%. Pay cash and add a $2500 "cash acceptance fee". They suck. Deal privately or with a rental company like Hertz who deals straight.
It’s a shame there is no more V8 Explorer, let alone Expedition. The EcoBoost just doesn’t hold up like the Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L, 5.0L) long term, more maintenance and issues. Not to mention it lacks the lively exhaust note and linear power.
I was in a parking lot in Sarasota a few years ago, heard this super sweet engine ... walked over and it was some kind of exotic sports car with a V12. I just had to stand there and listen to it. Guy gets out ... a movie star in town for the film festival. Didnt know who he was either but recognized the face. Man did that engine sound good! I asked him if I could drive it around the block, think I scared him - oops.

As far as the dealer fee's. When I bought the 2014 I kept specifying "out the door price, tax & EVERYTHING ... the amount of check I write to own it, drive away and not pay any more". Even with that they tacked on these weird fee's. I just kept saying "No, what is this? No. Take this off". They did.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Used car Fees from one Audi dealer owned by a large chain on Long Island, NY:

Union employee dealer prep fee: $685
New car detailing: $255
Customer acceptance fee: $575
Marketing and advertising (called Sales Fee): $459
Warranty counseling: $249
Cash handling fee (if not financed with them) $1200

Title, plates and license fee $150 + NYS costs of about $300

They told me the Cash Fee paid for an armored car pickup of my check.

Then there are origination and documentation fees for any loan you're getting through them, which are always over $1000.