Disable automatic lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeyJohnson

Reaction score
When I want to get into the car, I usually unlock the car when I am leaving my house. By the time I have carried kids, stuff and things to the car, it will have locked itself automatically again. It's not a big deal, but my gosh it is frustrating! My old VW Passat used to do this too and it is a point of frustration. Is there any way to disable this "feature"?

Plati

Reaction score
When I want to get into the car, I usually unlock the car when I am leaving my house. By the time I have carried kids, stuff and things to the car, it will have locked itself automatically again. It's not a big deal, but my gosh it is frustrating! My old VW Passat used to do this too and it is a point of frustration. Is there any way to disable this "feature"?
Did you look in the owners manual?

OP
OP
J

JoeyJohnson

Reaction score
Did you look in the owners manual?
I sure didn't. I assumed that it was just like my VW, a feature that could not be disabled through a simple manual lookup! I just looked in the manual and saw that you can indeed disable it!

I'll post how to do it here, in case others wonder the same.

Information Display Controls (Type 1 and 2)
imagen2.dll

• Press the up and down arrow buttons to scroll through and highlight the options within a menu.
  • Press the right arrow button to enter a sub-menu.
  • Press the left arrow button to exit a menu.
  • Press the OK button to choose and confirm a setting or message.
The arrows in the upper left corner of the display indicate additional content available when lit.
Main menu (type 1)
From the main menu bar on the left side of the information display, you can choose from the following categories:
  • Display Mode.
  • Trip 1 & 2.
  • Fuel Economy.
  • Driver Assist.
  • Settings.
Scroll up/down to highlight one of the categories, then press the right arrow key or OK to enter into that category. Press the left arrow key as needed to exit back to the main menu.

Settings
In this mode, you can configure different driver setting choices.
Note: Some items are optional and may not appear.

Settings
Vehicle Trlr Sway Control - check enabled or uncheck disabled
Trlr Brake Mode Elect., Surge, None
Elect. over Hydraulic
Lighting Autolamp Delay Select time interval
Locks Autolock - check enabled or uncheck disabled
Autounlock - check enabled or uncheck disabled
Remote Unlock All Doors or Driver [/code]

Plati

Reaction score
Very funny!!! My 2003XLT Rustbucket has done this since the day I bought it ... in 2003. It may have been useful when it was new but Rusty is old and beat now (like me), and that feature has really been ticking me off this year. How many times have I gone to the passenger door only to find it locked and have to walk over to driver door? I keep meaning to look in the manual and turn that feature OFF. Maybe I'll actually do that now. TFF