disable power mirrors but keep them working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the power mirrors from moving when i take my key out? But still keep them functioning with the switch ? They move down and pop like they are in a bind everytime i unlock my expo. Never able to move back to the correct place

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much wiring mods are you willing to do? Do you have the power folding mirrors?

Last edited:
OP
OP

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah mine are memory mirrors so anytime i unlock my expo they try to go back but they are in a bind or something because that try to move but cant move very far and just pop and pop and pop. If I could get them to function properly again that would be fine too.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You can re program the fobs, but that won't actually cure the problem. If your mirrors are popping, it means that the mirror was probably moved manually (knocked or pushed by hand) So to re-align it, you need to do the same thing.

If it makes noise when going down, push the top of the mirror glass in until you hear it click (pop) 2 or 3 times.
Then adjust it all the way up and all the way down with the switch, you shouldn't hear any more pops. If it does pop, then push the glass in the opposite direction one 'pop' at a time.

You can do the same thing from side to side until the mirror is centered.

OP
OP

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adjusting them back to center didn't work even when I use my adjustment switch the mirror acts like it can't go all the way up and pops like something keeping it from doing it when I know I should go higher than that

OP
OP

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from what I have researched it has to do with the module. cant find a part number on it tho