Do you take the time intervals into consideration when changing oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Send out an oil sample to Blackstone Labs. Get the TBN (an extra charge). This will give you an idea on the amount of time left on the oil. With modern synthetics, I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted 12 to 24 months or more.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious, I personally go by time frame rather than milage mainly because I put maybe 2000 miles a year on my expy and tend to change my oil once a year around mid March, seems everyone else just goes by miles driven here
@Habbibie
On my low mileage Raptor I use Mobil 1 extended performance synthetic oil. I've sent oil samples to Blackstone labs and specifically asked about needing to change the oil based on time interval. The response I received started that it was not needed, that synthetic oils can easily last a few years. They also told me that I could go to 10,000 miles with no issues. The next oil analysis, they said to try 11,000 miles.

Based on that, your yearly oil change is perfectly fine. But you could go longer if you wanted.

See the comments on the report. b7ad25c35d75318f9a41e5249f109221.jpg

@Yukon Joe