Does the 'snow' setting 'stick' after on/off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again, this is my wife's car so it's hard for me to quickly get a 'just try it' answer.

I'm presuming that if you set the vehicle to 4WD, after you turn off/on the engine, you're still in 4WD.

But what about setting the transmission to Snow and then on/off the engine. Will the transmission default to Normal or stay on your last setting, snow?

Mark

OP
OP
M

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About a foot of wetter than usual snow for this time of year last night.

This morning, I pulled Connie's car out of the garage while in 4WD/Snow (forgot about the manual shift option and didn't also have it in low). Although we were plowed last night, her side of the garages can't be reached by the plow. I backed up through the snow and then attempted to turn left toward the house to straighten and back down the driveway. No way. When turned, the front wheels were against the foot of snow while the rear on slippery plowed snow. I was doing good just getting straightened back up and the damn thing back into the garage. I then backed out my RL in snow mode. At my point along the garages, I had way less unplowed snow. I had no trouble backing, turning toward the house and backing down...Until I was 1/2 way down the first part of the drive that's the steepest (~10 degree slope) before the driveway does a 90 and goes to the street (8 degree slope). I started sliding on the steep part. The Rl (and me) grabbed before going sideways and off.

Bottom line--the XLT 'all weather' OEM tires suck for snow. My RL, although way better, is still a no go absent snow tires.

When returned from the gym and related all to Connie, I then drove down to Denver and ordered Blizzaks for both!!!

Mark