Eco boost rear resonator delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack781

Reaction score
Ok there are a few people that have talked about removing their rear resonator from the trucks. I recently did this because I hated the look of the that paper weight hanging down. I kept track of all the parts that I bought from summit you can also take these part numbers to any other auto store because they are Walker/ Dynomax part numbers. The exhaust tip was the cheapest on amazon too. These are also aluminiumized steel so to help prolong their life I di paint them in and out with VHT high temp header paint.

Below is the my parts list and pictures

42760 45 degree elbow

41976 12" 3" O.D. pipe

36474 3" to 4" exhaust tip

35103 universal hanger

36439 3" exhaust band clamp (2)

35772 3" exhaust clamp

truckex1.jpg truckex2.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J Ski did this a while back with success. Not sure what ford was thinking with that resonator on the 15-17 trucks, looks odd......just odd. I like your explanation and final result, good job.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok there are a few people that have talked about removing their rear resonator from the trucks. I recently did this because I hated the look of the that paper weight hanging down. I kept track of all the parts that I bought from summit you can also take these part numbers to any other auto store because they are Walker/ Dynomax part numbers. The exhaust tip was the cheapest on amazon too. These are also aluminiumized steel so to help prolong their life I di paint them in and out with VHT high temp header paint.

Below is the my parts list and pictures

42760 45 degree elbow

41976 12" 3" O.D. pipe

36474 3" to 4" exhaust tip

35103 universal hanger

36439 3" exhaust band clamp (2)

35772 3" exhaust clamp

View attachment 27096 View attachment 27097

Thanks for providing the part numbers...looks great.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any pics of the underneath to show where/how you put your system together?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to do this.
Not only for looks but so the exhaust is pushed out the side. We were at the pumpkin patch and afterwards kids were sitting in the back having drinks and snacks and the added heat was felt and exhaust was smelled a bit.

If you don’t use the 12” pipe and just an exhaust tip on the elbow does it hold closer to the rear wheel?

Last edited:

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to do this too.. With the rear side windows open I get a major exhaust smell inside the truck at certain speeds. Also, it sucks to get exhaust in the face when connecting and disconnecting my boat trailer.. That trailer wiring connector is in a crap location, requiring you to get down on your hands and knees, inches from the tailpipe.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
This should be simple for any muffler or tire shop. I needed to move the exhaust on a former Explorer that was melting the tires off bicycles on the rear rack. I stopped to ask if they could do it and the response was "How 'bout right now? Will only take a few minutes." They have the tools, lift, and parts.

I preferred the side exit on that truck and on my '07 Expedition.

-- Chuck

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Side exhaust was better...opening the glass or liftgate didnt suck fumes inside

fidget247

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question...but what does removing the rear resonator do to the sound? How about performance, if any?