Fog Light Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
LOL, I can’t please you!

Man, they’re bright and extremely effective. I can’t believe they’re DOT SAE street legal. I love ‘em.
That picture isn't a good representation of output though because your way to close to the wall .Get shots from 25' away from a wall amd maybe he'll be happy

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure, but his original complaint was that they “flood” and aren’t wide as a fog should be. Hence the photos.

I’ll work on a distance representation soon.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Too narrow...

For being 18-20” away from the door that isn’t a bad spread. It appears as if the spread at 18” is approx 16”, which is going to equate to an almost ‘square’ spread (width of spread being equal to distance from bulb). That means at 20’ from the bulb the overall width will be approx 26’ across (compensating for overlap in the center of viewing area). Since the vast majority of the standard 2 lane roads are 22’ feet across this is plenty wide enough for what fog lights were designed for; lighting the immediate road for driver to see in low visibility. This also doesn’t compensate for engineered scatter or unintended scatter, both of which widen the light splash.

If you want to widen the light splash; simply angle the floods slightly to the outside. This will decrease the overlap saturation in the center of the road and open the the illuminated area to the outside.

Having driven in the deserts of SoCal and AZ, I can attest that I would prefer to have a good mix of road/center saturation with the overall width. The road saturation being the more important of the 2. Seeing something in time to avoid is better than seeing what the snakes, scorpions and other critters are doing 100’ off the road. Just my $0.02.....

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyway you could tell me what kind and where you got those headlights ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t remember the vendor but they are eBay. You could choose clear or smoke lenses. ~$350 if I recall.