Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Starting an engine is the hardest thing on it, so theres no way I'm starting and stopping mine thousands of extra times.

Not once it’s already warmed up and filled with oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exactly. In 3 years the automakers will all say the wear from auto start caused all the issues, but today they are boasting about how amazing they are. Complete joke. Starting an engine is the hardest thing on it, so theres no way I'm starting and stopping mine thousands of extra times.

This gets said. Every. Single. Time. this issue gets complained about but:

You know auto start stop has been in use since the '80s, right? Granted it wasn’t in wide use until the early 2000’s, but is has been ubiquitous in Europe for well over a decade. This is not new tech. If it was truly the vehicle Armageddon you describe, I feel like someone would have mentioned it by now.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This gets said. Every. Single. Time. this issue gets complained about but:

You know auto start stop has been in use since the '80s, right? Granted it wasn’t in wide use until the early 2000’s, but is has been ubiquitous in Europe for well over a decade. This is not new tech. If it was truly the vehicle Armageddon you describe, I feel like someone would have mentioned it by now.

You keep this feature, I deleted mine!

JH NYC MAX

Reaction score
You keep this feature, I deleted mine!

If I’m correct, the auto start/stop is a way for auto makers to report lower gas usage = lower emissions = lower government penalty.

I’m sure automakers know that the feature will destroy the engine that’s why there’s a button to turn it off. Ford is kind to even let us pull the plug to completely delete it.

Random talk. Lol

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, new here, don't actually even have it yet! Just bought a white platinum '19 Limited with the Stealth pkg, can't believe that when you pay that much to have a "stealth" look, they still put a great big BLUE emblem front and back!!

Already looking into getting them painted, at least there are some good videos on doing it!

Anyway, once I actually have the vehicle I'm sure I'll come up with some other thoughts. So far just reading as much info on this site that I can. Kinda sad to see my Escalade go, (2010) but excited about trying out "the other guys" product.

Derrick
Canada

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I’m correct, the auto start/stop is a way for auto makers to report lower gas usage = lower emissions = lower government penalty.

I’m sure automakers know that the feature will destroy the engine that’s why there’s a button to turn it off. Ford is kind to even let us pull the plug to completely delete it.

Random talk. Lol

It’s so they can put higher MPG on their window stickers.

If they allow you to completely delete it (not just turn it off every time you start the vehicle) then they have to list the MPG for what it would be with it off.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s so they can put higher MPG on their window stickers.

If they allow you to completely delete it (not just turn it off every time you start the vehicle) then they have to list the MPG for what it would be with it off.

I always found this weird logic. On the hwy, the auto start stop doesnt kick on, so that mileage isnt affected. The 16-17 mpg is hard to achieve in any mode but eco, but you cant lock it in to default. The drive modes supposedly dnt default for that very reason, but you would think eco mode would be the default because that would be the mode to get you those high numbers. Since the drive modes is std on all models but dnt default to any mode but normal mode for fe reasons, are the mpg numbers on the window sticker too low, or too high?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65