Ford extended warranty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Andy C

Reaction score
There are different plans. One that’s more comprehensive to more basic. All y’all took the more comprehensive approach or more basic?

I think it was called premium warranty and base warranty or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new_to_towing

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Expy for which I bought the Ford ESP Premium Care from Flood online. An important point, which was true when I bought mine, is that whatever length/mileage that you select begins when you buy the ESP, not the date of vehicle purchase. You do need to get it before the factory warranty expires, so I purchased my ESP with 35000+ on the odometer. All that does not address the wisdom of extended warranties. My 5 year old truck runs great, but I’ve had little things fixed, like the seat heater/ventilator, that I would have lived without otherwise. It’s a personal choice.

ltharley

Reaction score
I purchased a 17 Platinum CPO'ed with 36,000 miles in August. Did the internet research for Ford Protect. Lombard and Flood were similar. I talked to the finance manager at my dealer (Pocaro Ford in Racine, WI), and she beat the best price by $5 (not a big deal, but my dealer).
I purchased a 7 year, 140,000 Mile with key fob replacement, lighting coverage, and $50 deductible. $1885 plus tax.
Again, this was on a CPO'ed vehicle.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are different plans. One that’s more comprehensive to more basic. All y’all took the more comprehensive approach or more basic?

I think it was called premium warranty and base warranty or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Premium Care for me.

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just checked for mine....$1600 for a 36,000 mile warranty:( Would only cover me to 96k. From what I've seen, I shouldn't need any of the warranty service items until over 100k....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
I self insure everything except except things that (are required or) could be traumatic to pay or bankrupt me (health insurance, homeowner, umbrella). The logic is that you dont get anything for free ... obviously (like in gambling, the house wins) the insurance company is making money on this. Now ... if you need the peace of mind or if the risk of paying a repair bill is critical to you, do it. They try to sell you an extended warranty on EVERYTHING now, pencils, toasters, tv's...

I'm wondering how many people regret paying for extended warranty, wasnt worth the investment?

I have to admit though, lots of doodads on these vehicles now.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I self insure everything except except things that (are required or) could be traumatic to pay or bankrupt me (health insurance, homeowner, umbrella). The logic is that you dont get anything for free ... obviously (like in gambling, the house wins) the insurance company is making money on this. Now ... if you need the peace of mind or if the risk of paying a repair bill is critical to you, do it. They try to sell you an extended warranty on EVERYTHING now, pencils, toasters, tv's...

I'm wondering how many people regret paying for extended warranty, wasnt worth the investment?

I self insure everything, also, but I'm very tempted just to get this extended warranty. At least I have a little time to think about it before my factory warranty runs out. One thing's for sure; if I do get the extended warranty, I will never have any problems with this Expedition!

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I'm sure most doodads not coverved...they even specifically list water leaks as not covered.......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing's for sure; if I do get the extended warranty, I will never have any problems with this Expedition!
Truer statements are rarely spoken!

I got the extended warranty on our Navigator. They specifically mentioned it covering the electronics and shocks and struts.... I tow a trailer from time to time and drive on forest service roads. I also got the 21 way seats and I use the massage feature often, I’m thinking I’ll get a claim outta one of these at least lol