Ford extended warranty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truer statements are rarely spoken!

I got the extended warranty on our Navigator. They specifically mentioned it covering the electronics and shocks and struts.... I tow a trailer from time to time and drive on forest service roads. I also got the 21 way seats and I use the massage feature often, I’m thinking I’ll get a claim outta one of these at least lol

And often times it only takes one.

Plati

Reaction score
Besides, we are entering a new ago of vehicle technology. All that sensor stuff is prone to malfunction and expensive repair. Cars that are aware of their surroundings, take over steering, braking, and other functions are much more expensive to repair and more likely to break. It will be an adjustment period before they get it reliable and cheaper to service. Not to mention air bags everywhere.

Might just be smart as heck to go for the extended warranty.:angels2:Assuming there is coverage for that crap.
Not your Granpappy's Buick anymore

Last edited:

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
I bought the platinum extended warranty from the dealer for $1500 / 100k or 7 years deal. There are good things and bad things about it. I had a similar warranty from CarMax once, for a Jeep, that was a better warranty.

I stalled to accept the warranty when buying a new 2011 Expe 4x4, so the dealer dropped the price a lot. Keep that in mind. Altogether I used the warranty for a power steering thang, a busted strut, broken "actuator" in the fan blower knob, busted rear latch, and rebuilt front end (everything), and brakes all around (pads, rotors, calipers). Certainly got my $1500 worth out of that.

Two or three problems - Ford-at-the-dealer misinformed me about the ending date, and I almost paid for some work that should of been covered. The Ford Warranty company sent me a post card warning me of the deadline, and I got in for final fixes with 99,300 miles. So don't trust the dealer to help you. A second thing - only Ford will do the warranty work. They are so cheap! They only paid for one strut when it broke, not both in the front. Also, they wouldn't fix the obviously warped rotors until the pads were worn down to 3 mm. SO I drove around with a nagging sound for 35,000 miles, waiting for them to pay for this. My only consolation is that I sang the "Ford is so cheap" song for the full 35,000 miles. The third problem, or better solution for the owner, is when you can get your car fixed by any mechanic under the warranty, not just cheapo-Ford. This was how the CarMax Jeep warranty worked. Show up at a mechanic, ask him to find something wrong, and presto - he gets a lot of work and you get new stuff. Seems like I replaced that entire Jeep, except the antenna, during the 80k warranty. Buy your Ford from CarMax?

Dodie

Reaction score
How do I know that when I call the number on the Internet that it is not a scam? I want to purchase from Flood or Anderson Koch Ford. Did you purchase thru either one?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do I know that when I call the number on the Internet that it is not a scam? I want to purchase from Flood or Anderson Koch Ford. Did you purchase thru either one?
Nope, just used Flood's quote to get my dealer to match it.

ltharley

Reaction score

Dolores,
Based on the fact other members on this forum have purchased with success I think you can trust those dealers. Also, if you use a credit card you will likely have some form of fraud protection from the card company (VISA, MC, Etc).

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All of the sensors, motors, and electronics scare me so I bought an 8-yr./100K mile premium ESP from Flood Ford. My dealer wouldn't match their pricing; so I'm thinking that because I got a great deal on my ordered vehicle, they wanted to make up for it charging extra for anything else I might want to add into the equation. On a vehicle ought out of inventory they want to gouge you for "stuff" they just go ahead and install. Most all things I wanted, but got for way less shopping other places.

O5111

Reaction score
I have bought a couple of ESP Premium Care Warranties from Flood and they have always been great to deal with during and afterwards when I sold the vehicles. Better than my stealer for sure!

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer (salesman) said to get the electronics extended warranty for the ‘18, which I did. The dealer offers a lifetime warranty on drivetrain at no cost when you buy a vehicle from them. The dash is so packed full of wires it’s unbelievable, hence the extended warranty.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer (salesman) said to get the electronics extended warranty for the ‘18, which I did. The dealer offers a lifetime warranty on drivetrain at no cost when you buy a vehicle from them. The dash is so packed full of wires it’s unbelievable, hence the extended warranty.
We got the extended warranty as well for the same reason.