Ford extended warranty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodie

Reaction score
I got an email today that Lombard Ford warranty. They are offering Ford Protect for $224 off with promo code t32879 thru 2/28/2019

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do I know that when I call the number on the Internet that it is not a scam? I want to purchase from Flood or Anderson Koch Ford. Did you purchase thru either one?

How do you know when you purchase from either of those dealers that they aren't going to con you? You read the terms before you sign, save all documents, and read reviews, their BBB profile, etc. before moving forward. Just because you're physically standing in front of their business doesn't mean they're any less likely to rip you off.

Marqui3

Reaction score
Any one know of a good place to buy a Ford Extended Service Plans in Canada. My dealer wanted $4400.00 for a 6 year 150,000 km warranty.

I can buy one from the U.S., 8 year 160 000 km for less than $2000.00 cnd, but would rather deal with a Canadian dealership if possible, but not at those prices.

Have any Canadian Expedition owner bought warranties from the states? Would it still be honored in Canada? Can you think of any issues?

Last edited:

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any one know of a good place to buy a Ford Extended Service Plans in Canada. My dealer wanted $4400.00 for a 6 year 150,000 km warranty.

I can buy one from the U.S., 8 year 160 000 km for less than $2000.00 cnd, but would rather deal with a Canadian dealership if possible, but not at those prices.

Have any Canadian Expedition owner bought warranties from the states? Would it still be honored in Canada? Can you think of any issues?

I assume you have a US address then? Ford actually cracked down on US dealerships selling ESPs to Canadian residents.

You could try this route - https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/canada-esp-plans-now-discounted.468141/

No guarantees though.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone in the forum that may have owned a Chevy and gotten an ESP after the sale and after the bumper to bumper warranty? My ‘11 truck just passed 38k.....Thanks

xRichx

Reaction score
Buying a new Expedition today and the finance guy was wanting to sell me the extended warranty... from some reading here it sounds like i should wait until my bumper to bumper is almost out of coverage, is that correct? Will the price for the warranty increase? Looking for suggestions as i'm buying in a couple of hours.

Thank you!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buying a new Expedition today and the finance guy was wanting to sell me the extended warranty... from some reading here it sounds like i should wait until my bumper to bumper is almost out of coverage, is that correct? Will the price for the warranty increase? Looking for suggestions as i'm buying in a couple of hours.

Thank you!
The extended plan starts from the date your vehicle went into service (the day you bought it) regardless of when you buy the plan. But the price will increase the older your vehicle gets.

Make sure to get a quote from Flood Ford (or Zeigler or Lombard or whoever) online and get your dealer to match that. Otherwise you'll overpay big time.